PDA

View Full Version : Hey NEVERFORGET

BOOMERHD
05-02-2002, 12:35
I just spoke to some lady at ordering at j.c.whitney, and she said that was "special order" only, and they would get back to me in a few days. You still got that cat.# and could you give me the cat. # on the back, the part #, and the page # so I can expidite this thing?

Thanks in advance.

Boomer :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NeverForget
05-02-2002, 23:34
I used a "customer appreciation" catalog which my wife may have thrown away. I'll try to hunt it down tomorrow. Anyway, I see it listed in the regular catalog. Reference catalog number 662J-05. Page number is 59. Item number is 55ZU5376T with Code B for the rear kit at 134.95. As I recall, the sales person spoke with the supervisor and called this a "paper order." This makes it a special order in that the catalog doesn't specifically list the 2001 or 2002 2500HD truck. But, Hellwig has the part and JC Whitney can sell it. The Hellwig part number is 7652 for the rear Chevy/GMC HD2500 sway bar kit. Once you get the kit, you'll probably need to have the proper instructions/diagrams and photos emailed to you to complete the install. You can get a head start by telephoning Hellwig directly at (559) 734-7451 and having Robert forward that to you. Upon receipt of the kit, note that sway bar is not symmetrical. The driver's side has a wider flat part for bracketing to the axle. And, the two rectangular flat pieces with the two holes go on the u-bolts just under the bushing and clamp. Good luck and write if you have any questions. I continue to be happy with mine. But Hellwig needs to invest in a good technical writer to get those instructions fixed.

BOOMERHD
05-03-2002, 05:44
Thanks for all the info! I will call them back today. Don't worry too much about the cat., I will let them know the key facts anyway. I have added 2' blocks to the rear to compensate for the velevet ride droop, do you think this will be a problem, since you are mentioning the "u" bolts as part of the application

Boomer :D

Big O
05-03-2002, 12:51
NeverForget --
What part of La. are you from?
Is 'NeverForget' as in 'Hell no, I ain't forgettin'??

:D :D

[ 05-03-2002: Message edited by: Big O ]</p>

NeverForget
05-03-2002, 21:11
Boomer, I'm in the dark on that one.
Big O, I'm familar with the Kangaroos. I'm originally from Morgan City. In the 80's I worked for AASI for 5 yrs. and worked out of Amite a couple of times. Right now I'm in Monroe. But, we're relocating back south this summer. How do you like the Jordan controller? I bought the Prodigy. I'm having bed liner sprayed in on Monday and the rail kit installed later in the week. I probably won't get to tow the fifth wheel until the end of May.

NeverForget
05-03-2002, 21:17
Big O, you hit the nail on the head. "Remember the Alamo!"

I think I logged on for the first time with Fox News broadcasting a story about the no good individuals who carried out the 9/11 attack.

NeverForget