PDA

View Full Version : water removal

3176CATPOWER
07-19-2002, 19:19
Seen a surgical rubber squeegee on a stick thing to remove water instead of chamois cloth.Saw it on tv a year ago or so but never saw where to buy or how much.Any one got some info on this thing?Looked like the cats meow.

56Nomad
07-19-2002, 19:46
3176CATPOWER,

It's called the "CALIFORNIA WATER BLADE"
I got 2 of them for $19 at COSTCO.

They are super for the glass and flat panel
surfaces. I use the chamois for the areas
that still hold water drops.

It is worth every penny!

56Nomad
07-19-2002, 19:50
From GOOGLE:

California Water Blade

wangotango
07-19-2002, 23:28
Clay bar the paint surfaces.

Apply "Klasse" all-in-one-cleaner/wax/polish.

Apply the high gloss finish.

After washing your truck, take off the nozzle and let a medium flow of water straight from the hose form a giant puddle that moves across the paint and takes all the water with it. Start at the top and work down the sides. The water will peel away like mercury on glass.

Touch up small areas of collection with towel.

The water blade is a great product, works very well. But if your paint is protected properly, the above method will leave virtually no water behind. It's a dynamic of surface tension that's fun to watch.

Take the little bit of time to protect the paint right. You'll never be sorry.

have fun
enjoy the "surface tension dynamic" ...right.

w/t

AKDmax
07-20-2002, 00:24
I'll second what 56Nomad said. I received one for Christmas. The water dynamic thing just doesn't seem to work for me so I use a blade and chamois. I have never seen a wax that will remove water from a flat surface, I may have to check that stuff out.

3176CATPOWER
07-20-2002, 04:56
Thanks for the excellant info.I am home only on weekends and the diesel page.com sure is the place to ask questions.Bunch of great people willing to help others with similar interest.

wangotango
07-21-2002, 13:23
Don't get confused :::

The 3 steps (really quick and easy) I use is the clay bar, all-in-one, then high gloss.

These products are acrylic in nature. Withstand higher temps than regular wax. Though most high quality waxes are just fine.

My point is that with a good surface prep and a good polished finish, the water will just run off in one big sheet. The brands you use are your choice.

An initial great job (with any high quality product) will provide long lasting results.

Usually twice a year. Only clay-barring if necessary. Feel the surface, you'll know what to do.

have fun-drive that mutha'

w/t

matt-max
07-21-2002, 19:40
this is some seriously funny sh!t right here....

2001 black truck, powerful engine,
pneumatic tires (4),
2-way glass, fully-upholstered inside seating, 12volt dc lighting, one-man steering wheel,interior heating, wipers, aftermarket 8-track...more.

wangotango
07-21-2002, 22:38
YIKES!

I got one just like that!

w/t