PDA

View Full Version : AR Rims Polished or Chrome?

pushpole
05-02-2002, 16:59
I'm getting ready to throw down on some American Racing Pythons. Anybody out there have any experience with the various finishes? Ease of keeping clean, durability, etc... Thanx

motovet
05-03-2002, 22:29
I have the pythons in the chrome. They are holding up pretty well, just a few pits on the inside edges after 3+ years of use(took them off the old truck). A little salty here near the coast,but probably not as salty as it is for you in the Keys. I had a set of polished wheels on our 98' and polished them regularly. Even with all the care put in to the wheels I ended up with some spots I never could get off.Thus chrome wheels from now on. The chrome looks great with less fuss and by the time the chrome comes off it's time for a new style anyway.

pushpole
05-04-2002, 13:54
Thanx for the input. It looks like chrome is the way to go.

stevem
05-04-2002, 15:22
Go for the chrome or painted wheels.
My polished wheels look great right after I polish/wax them, but after a couple of weeks they have water spots and a dull finish :( It is an hour job to clean and polish/wax.

Anyone want to buy my rims?

Steve.

www.picturetrail.com/stevem

DMAXDiva
05-15-2002, 08:26
Hey Stevem:

Are you serious about selling the Rattlers? I'd sure be interested. How much?

Thanks!

stevem
05-19-2002, 23:50
DMAXDiva.

Yes I do want to sell my wheels, but I have yet to find another set of wheels that I like.

Steve

DMAXDiva
05-20-2002, 10:57
Stevem:

Thanks for the reply...just keep me in mind whenever you are ready to sell. I'm sure I'll be lurking around this board somewhere! ;)