PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Headlight Harness GREAT!!!

sonofagun
05-04-2002, 20:21
It's been said before but............

I got John Kennedy's headlight harness on today and the difference is really spectacular. I drive where there are a lot of deer and this will really help.

Thanks, \\John

wizkid
05-04-2002, 23:16
I'll second that. I put one on last week and finally got out last night. It's a great improvement.

IndigoDually
05-05-2002, 05:39
I hate driving anything else at night.

SalmonExpress
05-05-2002, 20:06
I have to agree with everyone that the differance is great and I really like both dims and brights on at the same time. Thanks John for a well made product.

Scott

Vette Racer
05-05-2002, 20:51
Hey, I love mine, thanks JK. The only problem I had was the aim had to be raised so you could see better. It lit the road up but not far enough out to suit me so I realigned it to see farther. Now I can see the deer before they can think about jumping.

GBurton
05-05-2002, 23:08
I logged on tonight to start a new topic concerning the KennedyDiesel.com headlight booster kit. I was preased to find that several other had the same experence that I did. However so far no one has talked about great Phillips replacement bulbs that John has available. I can't tell you how much difference the wiring kit and the four lighs made because I added the new bulbs at the same time. All I can say is WOW, I can see at night now. Nice kit, everything is in loom, no loose wires all over your nice new truck.

George

hoot
05-07-2002, 08:06
Me too.... love the harness.

XTOCAK
11-18-2002, 14:27
It's dark and after sizing up that moose last night, I realized he was a little too big for a hood ornament and am considering the booster kit from Kennedy.

How difficult or easy was it to install the harness and associated parts? Is it something that a guy could do easily in an afternoon (assuming he's relatively handly with tools}? Or should he ask the wife to take the kids to the park so they don't learn any new "garage terminology" from Daddy?

Kennedy
11-18-2002, 15:10
Installation is simple. I have a guide in PDF format on my site.

As for bulbs, I just can't see where all this hype over the "special" Sylvania lamps that claim wondrous things WITHOUT increasing wattage :rolleyes:

TLA
11-18-2002, 16:31
You are safe on the "garage" language issue. It was harder to figure out how to get in front of the radiator than it was to install the wiring. Once you have them on, you will not want to drive anything else at night. Get the bulbs from John, as well. Once in a while, with the trailer on, I get flashed on low, but then I lowered the rear 1.5 inches. Now I have to do something with my fogs, as in a wind blown snow storm, there was a bit more dazzle than I wanted (didn't even think of using the fogs).

Steve Joneli
11-18-2002, 20:16
John, I know it's no big thing, but on my 94 will I need to remove the batterys to change harness and bulbs? are the 4 prongs sticking up the adusting screws for aiming the head lights?

Jomar
11-18-2002, 20:30
I`ll have to agree 100% on all the good comments about JK`s wiring harness. I only had to scratch my head once to figure out something about the installation. Overall it was a breeze. I sure wish I could get something like it to put on my wife`s Caddy. Maybe I would have seen the DEER in time. THUDD!!!!

Jomar

HK 3
11-19-2002, 01:40
Could not agree more with the posted comments. The product is superb and the results astonishing. Any perosn driving a Duramax without the Kennedy Head Light Booster Kit needs a psychiatric evaluation!! Better yet is the customer service and quick response to any question about the product. A 100% product from the word, GO!

Tractorhauler
11-19-2002, 08:36
Looking forward to the harness and bulbs.
Ordered mine yesterday from John..... My DMax already has plugged one deer while towing a 5ver.

Mark

Kennedy
11-19-2002, 08:41
Steve,

Yes, the older trucks had screw in pins that need to be puled. The Silverado/Sierra have "L" pins that pop out w/o tools.

ccds
11-21-2002, 21:42
Installed my Kennedy harness tonight and what a difference....all I can say is WOW!!!

Great job John.....these trucks should all come standard with this upgrade....

another happy customer!!!

smile.gif smile.gif

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]</p>

3176CATPOWER
11-22-2002, 21:59
Son Of A Gun,glad you like Kennedys light harness,would like to have one myself. Kennedy,I replaced the stock 9005 bulbs rated at 60W with SilverStars rated at 65W and the stock 9006 bulbs rated at 51W with SilverStars rated at 55W.More wattage=more light,no hype there.Federal and Canadian Motor Vehicle Saftey Standards-#108 state Max.70W for 9005 bulb and Max.60W for 9006 bulb,no hype there.