PDA

View Full Version : dieseldummy....

Dvldog 8793
11-30-2005, 12:03
How much do you want for your old truck? What are the details....
L8r
Conley

dieseldummy
11-30-2005, 15:43
Looking for $5K out of it. I just rebuilt a 6.2 and installed it 1000 miles ago. It is a crack free 660 casting block bored .020", .010" shorter Clevite pistons, crack free 6.5 heads w/turbo precups, and all the 6.5 external parts. The crank is standard sized on mains and rods. I used a 6.2 IP to limit my need for power since it seems to have caused me nothing but trouble in the past. I runs a little faster than a completely stock 6.5. That's with the homemade intercooler and Holset turbo still installed. It has new tires on it (yokohama geolander A/t +11) in the size of 285/75/R16. Within the last 5K I installed a new passenger C/V axle, new front rotors w/pads, and serviced the front and rear differentials. I used regular dino in the rear and synthetic in the front. A couple o-rings on the IP seep and after setting overnight let air into the system, but that will be taken care of within the next week. Other than that it has no other problems. I took the guages out and put them in my new pickup because the highest they pyro would go is 700 degrees pre-turbo, I didn't think I needed to worry about it.

I'm sure there is more I haven't covered, but that's a pretty good list off the top of my head. If you have any questions feel free to email me at justincoco@ hotmail.com

Justin