PDA

View Full Version : A-Pillar Gauge Pod

CCR91
05-05-2002, 00:37
Does anyone make an A-pillar gauge pod that does NOT fasten over the factory trim? I am looking for a gauge pod that REPLACES the factory trim.

Thanks,
Corey

SoCalDMAX
05-05-2002, 19:55
CCR91,

The only pillar gauge pod I know of is made by Autometer. They make a full pillar pod that completely covers the stock pillar piece or a partial one that screws on.

I have the full one and it looks like replaced the factory cover, none of the original shows. Is there some reason why you want to replace rather than cover it? The full one looks like factory to me.

To see one installed, click on the truck pics in the sig.

Regards, Steve

CCR91
05-06-2002, 00:24
Thanks,

I was concerned the overlay would look bulky. I plan to get the three gauge pod and use the third pod for an oil temp gauge.

Corey

SoCalDMAX
05-06-2002, 23:43
CCR91,

Now I see your concern. My gauge pod is contoured to the factory pillar cover, so close that it's actually glued directly to the factory pillar cover, no fasteners. I think it looks like the factory pillar with 2 pods molded to it.

Having said that, I've seen pics of 3 guage pods and IMHO, it looks a little "busy". I think they have them on the DIS website. That's where I bought my gauges and pod, EXCELLENT service from them.

I specifically chose the SPA guages because they're 2 gauges in one. I've got EGT/Boost on one, oil pressure/temp on the other.

I've also added temp. senders to the diff. cover and tranny pan, then I can monitor 3 temps with one gauge. I'm also planning to add another pressure sender to the fuel line when I add a lift pump, just to monitor performance. I'll be getting 7 readings out of 2 gauges. (Quite the penny pincher, eh? ;) )

Regards, Steve

Mike O.
05-20-2002, 16:38
SoCalDMAX,

Would you please post or email me the part number and source info for your Autometer full pilar length gauge setup? Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,

SoCalDMAX
05-20-2002, 23:33
Mike O.,

I purchased mine from Diesel Injection Service, they have pics on their website of all of the different styles of Autometer pillar gauge pods.

Another excellent source for gauges and pods is Kennedy Diesel. He's a great guy, he'll sell you exactly what you want - after making sure you're informed of all choices and it's really what you need.

Regards, Steve

SoMnDMAX
05-21-2002, 01:09
Hoot, I have to agree. But, if a really nice factory color match and texture match pillar would become available, I'd have me one. The black shiny plastic just looks a bit cheezy. I know I can paint a replacement, but the texture would never be right, adding to the "cheese" factor.

Here's my setup. Autometer Z-series gauges, Autometer pod.

http://pic2.picturetrail.com:80/VOL30/136857/263694/9853525.ptp