PDA

View Full Version : best spray in ????

buelldude
07-22-2002, 06:22
So who has a spray in and what type is it? I have seen alot of linners but haven't talked to anyone who really uses it. Who has the best out? What is the going price? If you have any pro's or con's as far as the use of it and it holding up. I have bikes that get put in all the time. Dirt and street.

IndigoDually
07-22-2002, 06:34
I have the Rhino and I like it. It is slightly pliable and grabs pretty good. My brother has Line-x and it is rather hard and slick. He still keeps a rubber mat in the bed to keep most stuff from sliding.

I believe that everyone's products will fade in some way in the sunlight and that you will not be able to stop. Many say that wiping with mineral spirits will help.

Good Luck with whatever You choose.

John

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
07-22-2002, 06:48
I havetheline X and like it very much I did a lot of research beforen buying
itCost me $450.00
Locking Rear Differential
Dual Alternators
Heavy Duty Trailering Equipt
Electronic Shift Transfer Case
Electric Rear Window Defogger
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Off Road Skid Plate
Ext Electric Heated Mirrors
Wiring Provisions For Camper
A.R.E. CH Cab High Cap With Glass Windoors
Line X Spray in under Rails Bed Liner
Full Carpet Bed Rug
DTA Chrome Plated Stainless Running Boards

DTA Front & Rear Mud Flaps
Tail Gate Lock
56 Gallon Transfer Flow Fuel Tank & Fast Fill Neck
Futomo Drain Valve
Invinca-Shield

The Alaska Kid

odoh
07-22-2002, 08:17
I've the TurboLiner ~ which is the new kid on the block. Have had it just a short while and so far am happy w/it. Price is comparable to the others but claims to handle UV exposure better and impact rating is alledgedly higher but thats something I would expect each to claim. Its new on the market and dealerships may be scarce but I consider it worth chkg into. All the sprayins require surface (bed)prep and that was the big obstacle w/me.

Because of the tender nature of our sheetmetal, I had the over-the-rail method and had them to spray/apply it under the rail lips in effort to add strength to the rail. Time will tell. ~ odoh

Fatdaddy
07-22-2002, 11:57
I would have to go with Line-X. It cost me $380 with the bowtie put in to it as a visual effect. Have had it for two years with no faiding.

David Utz
07-22-2002, 14:39
I think the installer has more to do with owner satisfaction than the brand name. All brands will do a nice job if they are insealled properly. Preping the truck correctly and the skill of the technician doing the application are more important than the material being used.

Tim B
07-22-2002, 20:12
I have the Reflex liner and I like it very much. It's relatively soft and is easy on the knees. Also, it grabs real well; Several times I've hauled 3 or 4 cases of water (6 gal to the case) without using tiedowns and they don't move a millimeter.

Tim B.

NutNbutGMC
07-22-2002, 20:47
^..Line-X... NutNbedder!!!!

wangotango
07-22-2002, 22:51
The 2 basic differences (between Line-X and Rhino) is that the Line-X is a bit harder.

My pref was the Line-X. I think it looks better and applies to my usage. The rhino seems a bit "rubbery"" to me.

With the Line-X I do lay a rubber mat when I load the camper.

Normal use, no mat.

Standard cleaning procedures apply: pressure wash, steam clean, whatever. The only big thing to remember is to NOT use a silicon based protectant on it.

HAve fun.

w/t

Piney
07-22-2002, 23:35
Rhino :D

Big O
07-23-2002, 01:28
^..Line-X... NutNbedder!!!!
---------------------------------------------
'cept fer RHINO! :D :D

But like David Utz said, the installer has a LOT to do with the satisfaction of any liner. The main reason I prefer the Rhino is because cargo does not move/slide as much as with the LineX--but is is still VERY tuff, with lifetime warranty!

DaveRuane
07-23-2002, 14:33
RHINO - without a doubt....

Burner
07-23-2002, 16:33
Speedliner--

Works well for me. It can be color matched "closer" than line-x and will not fade as much. I always use a bedmat. It provides more protection as well as easy clean up with a large toolbox. Speedliner exceeds all other sprayliners. However, if you want a "soft" bed I would go with the Rhino. Depends on what you carry. If most of your goods are lite and can lifted by hand then go soft. If your loads are heavy and need be drugg out (sometimes) then go hard. Soft stuff holds well... sometimes too well. However, the hard stuff provides little resistance to slippage but has more tensile strength which means durability. David had it right about the installer. If your bed is not preped (sanded like fire :mad: ) then it is a lost cause. All of the material is "about" the same stuff. Just remember that application is the key....sprayed hot, sprayed cold, sprayed with too much air, to much thinner, to little thinner, sprayed to thin and curing time.

Burner ;)

SoCalDMAX
07-23-2002, 17:56
If you want a little softer and rubbery surface, go with Rhino. If you want a harder surface with a pebbly grain type surface, get Line-X. I felt that the harder surface was better for me, I could shovel gravel, etc and not scratch the surface.

Obviously a lot of choices out there, just base it on what you need.

Regards, Steve

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-23-2002, 19:55
LINE-X........

JMHO ;)

GMC :D

motovet
07-24-2002, 00:03
This is my third Line-X.... good stuff!

2K2AD
07-24-2002, 18:06
buelldude,

I would recommend the Line-X as well. There is a dealer across from Lynnhaven mall in the industrial complex across the street (just off International Parkway). They can knock it out in a couple of hours and do plenty of trucks daily. I was very pleased with their service and product.

Kevin

buelldude
07-25-2002, 06:53
Hey,
2K2AD where are you at in VA Beach??? Lets meet, I have a few things to ask you???? Send me an e-mail. buelldude@yahoo.com