PDA

View Full Version : Wheel to Wheel Step Bars

XAM-D
05-06-2002, 01:16
Anyone have wheel to wheel step bars on a crew cab. The only companies I found that make them are Westin and Rhino. Some others might be out there, I just haven't found them yet. Any opinions on Westin and Rhino would be appreciated. What about the Putco 4" bars, are they overkill. They probably look good on lifted trucks. Chrome is my preference, rust is not an issue where I live.

TimofCharlotte
05-06-2002, 01:22
The information that I've been able to dig up suggests the Westin Platinum series as very durable, resistance to pitting, keep looking good, etc, if you want chrome. They are chrome plated stainless, the best of both worlds.
Warning: I am still waiting on a set of normal CC nerf bars from pickuptruck.com after ordering 2 months ago. These CC bars, and especially the wheel to wheels, cannot ship UPS and must be delivered to a business address. If you can't ship to a business address, I would suggest buying from a local distributor, though you will spend more money than mail order or internet.
To look up the Westins, go to www.westinautomotive.com, for Rhino products, go to www.gorhino.com.

Good luck. If I didn't already have mine about here, I would go with the wheel to wheels. I didn't choose the gorhinos as the distributor I visited didn't say nice things about their chrome products, go figure.

Jake99Z71
05-06-2002, 02:38
XAM-D,
You might want to check out this website http://members.aol.com/SterlingEq/index.htm
they make up some nice looking bars. I know a couple people here have them. I've been thinking about a set from them.

bigbobed
05-06-2002, 05:58
I have the Go-Rhino on an extended cab and am very happy with them. I'm over 200 lbs and they support me fine on all three steps. I chose black for looks plus where I live, even stainless corrodes. If they get chipped up, I plan to have them sprayed with Rhino liner to match my bed.

jstbks
05-06-2002, 08:29
I am also looking for the wheel to wheel bars.
Any comments on frame mount vs the cab mount types? I have found a set of stainless steel made by "Tiger" and they use the cab bolts to mount.

Brian

mdrag
05-06-2002, 11:09
I was looking at Waag wheel to wheel nerfs before I decided to go with the DTA running boards:

http://www.waag.com/sidetube.php

:D

SledZep
05-06-2002, 12:26
J&J are3 my choice, Just dont have the cash yet. They are Chrome over stainless (tube/step) with a full 3" tube, not one that is notched out.The step part has some rubber inserts to prevent slipping. Plus you can running lights put into the backsplash are.

http://www.j-jent.com/rbmilclatop.html

MaxRock
05-06-2002, 12:48
XAM-D,

I have a CC/LB with the Rhino wheel-to-wheel nerf bar. I was concerned initially about having only 2 mounting locations, but the rear step for the bed is very stout with minimal flexing when I put my 200 pounds on it. I got the polished SS and really like the look.

MaxRock

sonofagun
05-06-2002, 19:03
I've got Manik well to well bars on my CC short bed. You can sorta see them in my pictures.
I have used them on my last 3 trucks and they hold up well, look good, support lots of weight and are reasonably priced, especially if you shop around.
www.manik.com

Good luck,
Bob

wangotango
05-06-2002, 22:47
Also got the "Go Rhino" tubes from wheel-to-wheel. Very happy with them though I have them for function and not looks. But they look fine, got black ones. Probably also due the Line-X (on steps) when I get a chance.

have fun
w/t

XAM-D
05-06-2002, 23:53
Talked with Putco today and they will have there 4" wheel to wheel bars out this month. Pricey, but I might have to wait and see.

westies
05-07-2002, 18:51
Full CC cab length Putco 4 inch on truck below. Look real good and very strong. Stainless and guaranteed for life to original owner. Pricey but would do it again. I thought the smaller tubes just did not look right on the bigger trucks. Nice thing about the Putco tubes is that you cannot see the truck frame and they do stop more crap from splashing up on the truck sides. smile.gif

XAM-D
05-09-2002, 00:15
Westie
Putco calls it a stainless bar with a mirror finish. Is this true. Just don't like a dull looking finish like it seems to show on web site and catalog. Looking for a crome or high polished look. Thanks

westies
05-10-2002, 20:15
Yes it is a high lustre finish. Easy to maintain as if you get any nicks or scratches you just polish them out. Very pleased with mine and I wanted full boards to start with.