PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone wiring? (SEO ACCY fuse)

Hound
05-06-2002, 14:03
Does anyone know which wire, from the drivers side dash fuse pannel, provides power to a cell phone? I had my CB hooked to this wire in my previous truck, but in my haste to remove it at the dealership I didn't note which wire was providing power. I believe I used the wire associated with SEO ACCY fuse but I cannot recall what color the wire was. Can any service manual owners help?

TLA
05-06-2002, 15:02
In the wiring box by your left foot are a number of plug recepticles. One is dedicated to cel phone wiring. Check out //www.gmupfitter.com. Under the section for our trucks, toward the back, there is diagrahm of the box and the legend for it. Anymore, I seek out a pin that is on with the ign, and use it. A CD doesn't draw much, so I don't worry a whole lot about overloading the truck wiring. Put a fuse between the tap and the CB. 'Hope this makes sense.

Hound
05-07-2002, 13:40
TLA,

Thanks very much for the reply and the link. Certainly makes things much easier. smile.gif

SDWA
05-07-2002, 22:50
That PDF manual at www.gmupfitter.com is amazing!!! My advice to anyone who is into their truck is to GO DOWNLOAD IT!!! Where else will you find the weight for a bushel of lima beans (56 lbs) or a hamper of okra (34 lbs)??? (That chart's in the General Info PDF)

My question: Is there any way to get the MBEC connector shells/terminals other than from GM? My dealer's parts guy says the PN's shown in the manual (for the SEO and cell phone connection) are bad, and he doesn't have any desire to find out the right part numbers for me. He also wants 4x the list price for each terminal (he wants about $4.80 each terminal!!!)

Scott

TLA
05-08-2002, 13:26
I bought a trailer brake controller plug at an RV supply, and robbed the wiring from it. Just the other day I needed a terminal, and was able to use a mini female spade connector. Maybe Radio Shack?

SDWA
05-08-2002, 20:12
TLA- The terminals that fit into the connector housing from what I can determine are made by Delphi or Packard. (Maybe one in the same) But they are definitely both "proprietary" in design. The only terminals I've found that will fit properly into the connector housing are from GM, but there is no "brand" association with them.

Scott

3-Fan
05-14-2002, 10:37
Try here:
http://www.powerandsignal.com/system/OrdersHome.asp

I was able to send them a sketch of the connector I was looking for (PTO switch for my 2500HD for my high idle) I also gave them the AC Delco part #. They were able to match the connector exactly. These guys are distributors of Delphi Packard connectors. YOu can view the connector to see if it is what you need online. Make sure to order the pins and pin locks too. They are listed at the bottom of the drawings. When you goto order the connector, click on the sample button and they will send you out a sample for however many you need for free, no shipping either. My dealer wanted $54 for the connector. I got 3 of them form here for free. Can you say mark-up?

Good luck and hope this helps!

TLA
05-14-2002, 10:50
3-Fan
You get the prize of the week (at least) for that info. Thanks!