PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Dually

Tractorhauler
11-12-2002, 10:17
Question...How do like the Honda Rubicon?
I am looking at a Foreman with Elec shift. but I have not spoken to anyone with a Rub.
Are they nice?
Not that much more than a foreman.
Also, is there a web site for 4x4's?

Mark

IndigoDually
11-12-2002, 10:47
I like the Rubicon a lot. The fully auto is a nice feature along with the low range. I use it around the farm every day. I put hay out in the fields, pony horses with it, and I pull a 8'x8' chain harrow to condition my riding rings. I had a '95 Foreman 400 before this and it was great too. I really like the low range for dragging, the trans will shift through all of the gears and it's just a final drive reduction for more power. The drag is tough to pull, with my old Foreman I would have the cooling fan come on even in the dead of winter so I knew the machine was working. I never had any problems with that machine except for a bolt backing out in the trans, it was not an uncommon thing but not a recall. My extended warranty paid for itself that time.
The only thing with the rubicon is it is "cold blooded", it's sometimes a little difficult to keep it running when first starting it when it's cold out. My others I could pull the choke, start it, and walk away. I have to monitor this one for a monitor it for a minute until it stabilizes then it's fine. There is a longer warm-up time to get the trans flowing before You should drive it.
All in all I am pleased with it and would reccomend it. The only thing that I liked better with the new Foreman vs the Rubicon is the Trax-Lock, I like the idea of taking it out of 4wd but it's something else to go wrong.

John