PDA

View Full Version : When is it Mockingbird season ????

mackin
11-24-2002, 08:11
This will only happen to ME .... Good Grief !!!!!!

For the last week and a half I've been waking up going to work with purple berry eaten bird dung on my truck.....Mirrors,roof , windows etc........

So this mourning I'm up bright and early and as I look out to see my truck there is a friggen Mockingbird sitting on the tool box, so I watch......

This bird is either territorial or has a fetish with my truck.....It is Peking at the top, flapping up against the glass, checking it self out in the mirror, and perching it self on my mirror resting and yup you got it duke'ing......That SOB.....I'm not sure if it sees it's reflection and thinks it's another bird or what.....I even tried putting one of those bobbing head OWLS that got the crows to stop crapping on my deck this summer.....Worked like a charm.....On the Mockingbird it has no effect......

Pullinpower are you a good shot?????? It has been at it for two hours this mourning......I'm telling you it's ridiculous...I got to go for a ride to get this stupid bird off my truck....Can you believe it.....Anouther reason to joy ride.....

Do this things hibernate???? Any ideas???I'm gonna shoot the ba@tard soon......It's worse then the Energizer bunny !!!!!!Keeps going and going and going ,it's still there......

Oh I took PICS (Loaded them up under More D/A )of the creep in action......For my Insurance company !!!!!! LOL
I had to take them through a window inside, well most of them.....Look around the mirror it's flaping like a maniac in some PICS......

MAC :( :rolleyes: :(

FirstDiesel
11-24-2002, 08:43
Mackin

The answer is clear. The Mockingbird is in love with the Owl. It's clearly doing a mating dance. It's not interested in your truck or you at all. smile.gif

Hillbilly
11-24-2002, 09:04
Hi Mac
I can't help you but I know how you feel. Before I bought the DMAX I had a black Silverado 1500 ext cab. Every spring a male Robin would mark off his area which included my garage and drive out back of the house. He proceeded to preen himself looking at image in the glossy paint, chrome and glass. All the while he pooped white crap all over my black beauty. I finally started parking in the street in front of the house for about 3 or 4 weeks untill he found his mate. I may have the same thing next spring with the dmax.

I feel for you partner!
:D

pullinpower
11-24-2002, 09:46
Mackin dont ya have a pellet gun around somewhere? Just dont hit your glass.. If you need me to take care of that bird for ya I will ;)

mackin
11-24-2002, 15:54
pullinpower

Ya I got a pellet gun with laser scope...... :eek: Problem is got a Nature lov'in wife and kid that feel MY truck is casualty,and give me the old it will stop soon..... :rolleyes: Not soon enough......Gonna have turkey with a side of Mockingbird Thursday for one......

I moved it to my other driveway and it stopped for a while....I had to put the truck back as my wife and I were taking out our crasher to the mall.....When we returned it was well painted again with crap and I was ripen PEE ODE ..... :mad: .. What I did now is fold in the mirrors and cover...I'll see if the sucker quits now.....Wish I could put up a two car attached garage but I don't have the set back here...I could put one out back but it would be pricey .... I think I'm going to get one of them It Cover Its.....There built here in CT and are everywhere.....Or build a car port....

MAC

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

JEBar
11-24-2002, 17:04
Mack .... Sounds like a call to arms .... have you tried wiring Paladin in San Francisco? ... Not having that problem down here, you are welcome to park it in my yard for several months, would be nice to have it here to keep my truck company, promise, I'll exercise it for you .... If still there and we come up next fall will be happy to take care of the problem for you :D ... Jim

SWLA
11-24-2002, 17:18
Mackin,

I'm afraid the Mockingbird is the state bird of Arkansas. Pullinpower, being the fine Arkansan he is, may have a soft spot in his heart for them, thus his reluctance to make the trip. :D

pullinpower
11-24-2002, 17:25
SWLA,could be the reluctance to make the trip :D

esmo77
11-24-2002, 18:16
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN THE TRUCK WAS PARKED OUT,COVERED THE MIRRORS WITH TOWELS. AFTER A FEW DAYS IT STOPPED. I JUST THOUGHT IT MAY HAVE BEEN A FO8RD OR DOD@E BIRD.

Hillbilly Jim
11-24-2002, 18:31
HGere in central Missouri we have a method of dealing with destructive pests. Called the three seses; shoot, SHUT UP! and shovel.

Hillbilly Jim
11-24-2002, 18:32
Here in central Missouri we have a method of dealing with destructive pests. Called the three seses; shoot, SHUT UP! and shovel.

Wally
11-24-2002, 18:50
Carefull Mackin! The Mockingbird is the State bird of Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and most importantly Texas.
Don't mess with Texas! :D

mackin
11-30-2002, 13:46
Update

Still crapping...I've gone as far as wrapping the mirrors and folding them in...No help.....He she what ever is gonna have to get dead !!!!!!

One bright note bother in law came over with his FORD on Thanksgiving...Yup bird took numerous dumps all over it....Good Bird ....LOL

MAC :eek:

Maverick
11-30-2002, 14:23
"Yup....good bird"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!