PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices

txguppy
12-03-2002, 20:26
I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that gasoline prices have fallen about 16 cents for all grades. BUT, diesel had stayed the same or even gone up. Has anyone else noticed this around the country? I think the oil companies are sticking it to us even though diesel is cheaper to refine.

txguppy

Jelisfc
12-03-2002, 21:45
It's partly due to home heating oil demand which is no additive diesel. It's the reverse in summer. Gasoline will skyrocket and diesel will remain steady.

DmaxMaverick
12-04-2002, 03:33
They only do it because they can.

SOMETHING has to happen in this country to fix it. 20 years ago, they couldn't give #2 away. Back then, there were a lot more users of home heating oil and about the same Diesel vehicles (all in relation to gassers). There is no excuse for it. Diesel has a much longer storage life than gasoline. They are going to refine X amount of gasoline, and Diesel is going to happen. It's a by-product. Gasoline (and lubricating oils) is the primary product. In the summer, Diesel is a greater surplus.

This subject just erks me every time it comes up. When our government released some of our reserve oil, we still had to pay for it....AGAIN. We bought it the first time (tax money, right?). I wonder what they really charged us for our own oil???

Sorry. I go now.

[just another dissatisfied customer]

Paintdude
12-04-2002, 07:49
My guess is the trucking industry-teamsters do not have enough votes..They are paying the same high prices we are so freight prices go up and we pay more on everything..all of this passed on to the consumer..Higher prices paid at the store means more taxes for uncle sam..People think lower gasoline prices is saving them money, but they still pay for it all in the end..Uncle Sam is gonna get his money one way or the other..I seen gas for 118 here yesterday and deisel 155...I am driving the S-10 for awhile... :(

jqqd
12-04-2002, 10:42
With the European car market converting to diesel they are selling their excess gasoline to the US. This is one reason gas prices have been somewhat stable or falling. Makes on wonder though if the higher demand for diesel in Europe might be effecting US diesel prices. Supposedly the European refiners are up to their eyeballs in gasoline. What a market shift!

jjgmc96
12-04-2002, 11:06
Taxes are way up there compaired to gas in OH.

TimA
12-30-2002, 21:51
I think after 9/11 on 9/12 we should of nuked Afganistan, and took over. So we can have all the oil under that group of buttheads. I think we should do it to Iraq too. :D

LanceW
01-10-2003, 14:11
Tim just passed the test that qualifies him for a high ranking policy post in the Bush Administration.

morgan
01-13-2003, 18:03
I'll vote for TimA. Nuk'em.

Black Dog
01-14-2003, 10:46
There is no oil under Afganistan, that is why no one gives a damn about that place.

Iraq, on the other hand, has the worlds second largest oil reserve, behind Saudi Arabia.

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: Black Dog ]</p>

TooMuchMuscle
01-14-2003, 17:48
One big GLASS PARKING LOT!!! Sounds good. But why stop at Iraq, Saudi should be ours too. :mad: