PDA

View Full Version : Diesel swaps

JeepSJ
03-24-2004, 17:17
I also posted this over in the 6.2 forum.

People have asked about swapping gas to diesel and they keep getting referred to the reference section. Well, that article really doesn't tell you much. Information that we need to compile are things like the components of the glow plug circuit (sensors, timers, etc...) changes to the fuel system (filters, heaters, return lines, lift pumps, etc...), and wiring the pump (fuel shut off and cold advance).

I'll be documenting all of this as I go through my swap, along with posting part numbers and such. If anyone has any information that they would like to contribute, I would certainly appreciate it. As soon as the swap is done and I have the information compiled, I'll be posting it here for future reference.

Please start posting your favorite part numbers now. Since this is a swap, aftermarket parts are totally acceptable. For example, aftermarket fuel filters seem to preferred over the stock ones, so how about listing what filter you are using. Same goes for lift pumps, and anything else you can think of.

Thanks in advance.