PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened?

Manic Mechanic
06-20-2001, 18:53
with the Dodge Mercedes merger and Dodge offering multipule diesels in their pickups? All I have heard latley is that Dodge has extended the Cummins contract, is something with Mercedes still in the works?

Frasan
06-20-2001, 21:53
I think the Mercedes engine is probably still in the works for Dodge,just a few years down the road.Seems I read somewhere that they are running at full capacity to meet demand for diesels in Europe.
Maybe something to do with the high gas prices recently,especially over there.That could be the reason for extending the Cummins deal for 3 more years.
Also apparently Daimler is less than happy with Chryslers financial performance,seems they lost a ton of money last year,with truck sales being one of the few bright spots in sales.Guess they don t want to mess with whats working well for them

Regards Frasan

jrlii
06-21-2001, 21:11
I see Daimler-Chrysler acquired Detroit Diesel, progenitor of our 6.2 and 6.5 liter engines last October.

This should give them some more options for diesels.

According to the Detroit Diesel web site, they are putting the finishing touches on their new Delta engine, a 4L V-6 aimed at the SUV market. See: http://www.detroitdiesel.com/markets/automotive/adelt**.htm

To actually see the referenced site, copy the link text into your location box and replace "**" with the letter "a" followed by the numeral "1". I seem to have been outsmarted by this (expletive deleted) program.
------------------

Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.
- Robert Heinlein

[This message has been edited by jrlii (edited 06-21-2001).]