PDA

View Full Version : How are the chipped LLYs?

MPH
12-16-2004, 22:28
New to the forum, although i have been reading for a while. Great info.
Anyways, i am thinking of trading the 04 LB7 on an 05, and i am wondering how these trucks are reacting to chips, programers, etc. I have heard mixed opinions.
thanks in advance.

Kennedy
12-17-2004, 05:31
I really like mine! It isn't as aggressive as my 2002, but it responds very well, and power delivery is very smooth. I think that in all respects except for competition, the LLY is as good or better than the LB7.

Swayse
12-17-2004, 05:31
Got a buddy with a scsb 4x4 LLY, he ran a 14.3 at 95 with just an edge. Just as good or better than the LB7 that run just an edge.

MPH
12-17-2004, 11:26
Thanks guys. Is it true that the mileage isnt as good on the LLY?

rickdlance
12-17-2004, 20:15
My mileage is terrible. I have tried the Edge, Quadzilla, Bully Dog Power Pup, 4" exhaust, and an air intake. I have also ran without the cat, and tried blocking the EGR. Nothing seams to help.
All in all I like the Edge best. The Quad and the Pup seam to be made by the same people. I have not been able to get the Pup loaded, even after returning it to them for repair. The Quad seams to help the mileage sometimes, but it is not predictable. The Edge does not help at all, and throws codes. I am sending it back to have it checked. The True Flow air cleaner made the mileage worse, as did the 4" exhaust. Running the stock exhaust without the cat seams to help slightly. Quad seams to make the most power, but I would run the Edge if they can get it to stop throwing codes. I like its features better. I have returned the Power Pup to the place I bought it, and they will order me another one. Anyone that knows a sure fire way to increase mileage would be a blessing to me. Power seams to be easy.

Buck
12-17-2004, 20:19
Mine is getting 17.9 MPG (according to the DIC) on the second tank of fuel 600 miles total. I know it's new, so my MPG doesn't really mean much.....

I think the LLY is much much more precise in the tuning of the overall truck. Cruise control, for example, is a lot more precise than my LB7 was.