PDA

View Full Version : Got to luv it

Burner
02-16-2003, 00:39
I know this is "out of contex" but it is funny. tongue.gif
Ok, so I'm go'n down the freeway gett'n off at the next exit. Well, just ahead of me is an F-250 CC 4x4. No big deal, right... As I get a little closer I read his (AL) tag --> "Lemon" :rolleyes: I thought it was really too funny. At the next light I lowered the window and told him that I liked his tag! I don't think he liked hearing that comming from a D-Max HA! He very hastely added it was his last name. redface.gif
----- I thought it to be quite funny. :D

Burner

...if my truck had lemon written on it, it would not be mine. ;)

NWDmax
02-16-2003, 02:48
I think its funny too.Nothing wrong with your sense of humor.I wouldn't use my name if it ended in Lemon that is for sure!
Blake ;)

FirstDiesel
02-16-2003, 08:13
If my last name was Lemon I sure wouldn't put it on my tag!!!!

oyazi
02-16-2003, 12:35
My sons ROTC commander at Sac State was Capt Marvel. A promotion to Major wouldn't bring relief either. :D

Captain Mal
02-16-2003, 16:16
Burner,

Friend of mine had 2 ft. magnetic yellow "lemons" that he applied to both sides and the tail gate of his Powerstroker. It was a '99 that shattered 4 clutch hubs and did other damage. He even got involved in some kind of lawsuit against Ford but I don't think he got anything out of it.

Poor man towed trailers for the same company I sometimes tow for. He broke down for days and it cost him over $5,000 for clutch repairs and weeks of down time until he finally sold the thing.

Maybe you saw him?

mdrag
02-16-2003, 18:34
Topic transferred to the General Diesel forum.

mdrag

a5150nut
02-16-2003, 22:59
Speeking of names, I went to school with Danial Raisen Cane. It was fun when we would get pulled over and the cop would say "Now, let me see your real liscence". He also had two sisters, Candy and Sugar. Their parents DID have a sence of humor.

Paintdude
02-17-2003, 00:07
I got ya all beat..This true so don`t edit it please..I grew up with a guy who go picked on alot, his name was and still is Harold Dick..We all called him Harry and did not think anything of it..

What were his parents thinking???? :rolleyes:

Look him up in the white pages..Bement Illinois..

poor ol`Harry never really had a chance..IMO..He has had some rough times..I havn`t seen him in a few years..

pinehill
02-21-2003, 00:21
And some unfortunate professional people are saddled with bad names: Back in Minneapolis, my Dentist was Dr. Hurt, and my dog's Veterinarian was Dr. Hotvet. In the Tampa/St. Pete area there is a noted Urologist named Dr. Cochburn (he pronounces it as "Co-burn", I wonder why).

[ 02-20-2003: Message edited by: pinehill ]</p>

84 Convert
02-22-2003, 23:20
Oh boy! This could go on forever!! My previous boss knew a couple named Peg and Harry Legg. My wife used to work for a laser vision center here in town and one of the patients who called for an appointment was Dawn Key.
I don't remeber the name, but there is an attorney in Missoula whose name just about made me fall over laughing when I walked by the office downtown...

Gregg

a5150nut
02-23-2003, 11:08
Up in Chico, CA there is a Urologist by the name of Fritzler. Hey doc I got this problem. Its on the fritz!