PDA

View Full Version : New psd and dc?

esmo77
02-22-2003, 14:53
Have you guys noticed very many of the new psd or cummins on the road? I live about 6 miles from Dale Jarret ford, a huge truck dealer and have only spotted 2 so far. I have seen a large number of the dodge with their new cummins; seems like they are selling pretty well in this area.

GMCTRUCK
02-22-2003, 15:56
I have not yet seen a 6.0 PSD yet either. Seems like alot of growing pains with that engine (more so Ford programming and fuel system than Navistar issues) according to members of thedieselstop.com. When its on its game it does handily outrun GM and Dodge. On Edge's website they show big power gains with their 6.0 product, already. More power than the 6.6 with Hot Juice and from what I've been told the new Ford auto handles the extra power without limping. Yet I still can't get a Juice box with adjustable settings for my 6 speed DMAX. I have seen plenty 03 Cummins trucks on the road.

mtomac
02-22-2003, 17:52
I haven't seen any on the road yet, but there are quite a few on dealers lots.

Chris N5CWM
02-22-2003, 22:55
I haven't seen a single one of the new 6.0 PSDs. Is the emblem different? I guess I'll do some searching on thedieselstop.com to find out.

Seen dozens of the new Cummins Rams on the road though here in Texas.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: Chris N5CWM ]</p>

esmo77
02-23-2003, 10:44
Yes the badge is different; It is slightley larger,red and chrome.

Wheat Whacker
02-23-2003, 22:04
At the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville,KY last week the Ford booth did not even have a new PSD. But I did see one running in the lane next to me on the way into the parking lot. It is the only one I've seen.

DURA-MAX3
02-25-2003, 23:45
One of the company men i do work for just got a new power joke 6.0 and he said that he tested all the pick-up diesels and the new ford outruns all the rest like they are not even built. That was his exact words. I say this, they are 25 horse and 40lbs more tourqe than the duramax, and only 5lbs more than the dodge HO. that is not enought difference to back up his claim. It might be a little faster but it isnt going to outrun the others like they arent built... Thats what i think.

Dmax son
02-26-2003, 00:58
Well the Duramax doesn't have much compeition in California, the new ho cummins doesn't meet smog so we only get to see the low low output dodge here, and 4 dealerships in the local area, none of them have gotten the new psd, nor do they no when they are going to get them in. One dealer told my friend that they dont expect to see one tell next years models come out. They have a bunch of 03 7.3 thought. So the maxs remains on top in this area for now.

Bryan

Rebel_Horseman
02-28-2003, 15:59
The new Strokes are out in force down here. So are the new Cummins. The 6.0 Stroke has an advantage over the Dmax in the turbo. The turbo spools up very quickly because of the variable vanes then it opens up an dputs in gobs of boost as RPMs increase. That, IMO, is what lets the Ford outrun us. Basically you have the advantages of both a big turbo (lots of boost) and a small turbo (quicker spool up) in 1 unit.

Reb [&gt;&lt;]

DieselDennis
03-03-2003, 23:00
It may only out number it by 25 HP and 40 ft/lbs at the flywheel. But not knowing approximately what kind of power the Ford auto tranny is losing through the drivetrain, these numbers could be much greater or much less. And I do beleive the turbo on the Power Stroke will get the power to the ground quicker. I must say the dyno graphs of the 6.0 looked pretty tall and really wide. Time will only tell. Will GM get a VVT in 2004?

I really like the new Dodge HOs down here. I love the fact that you only get the good package with the manual transmission (being the manual fan that I am). AND YES I am aware that Dodge now has a 48RE tranny ready for the HO Cummins, but is it comparable to the automatic of Ford or GM? Haven't heard yet.