PDA

View Full Version : G2 powder stroke

MNBowTie
08-13-2002, 11:55
I haven't seen it in official print yet, but the enthusiasts are claiming the following specs for the 03
6.0 liter

325 HP @3300
550 LB @2000

Also, claiming no price increase over the old 7.3 option.

So, will GM wait for 04 for a response?

MNBowTie
08-13-2002, 11:59
I had a typo its 560 for the torque. what the prediction midyear 03 changes or wait until 04???

DURA-MAX3
08-13-2002, 12:44
Let the diesel war begin

Piney
08-14-2002, 00:43
I think it's gonna be a pretty good motor....it's the truck itself that they need to improve....

R Waller
08-16-2002, 11:02
the truck itself ?
you guys say some really silly things over here, of couse normally is hoot, but that statement is near the top.

hoot
08-16-2002, 12:28
I agree with piney. That is exactly the reason I drive a Duramax/Allison equipped GM truck. It's just a higher quality product with more highway appeal ;)

Silly, huh. How about the guy on FD.com that just traded his Ferd in on a new Dmax. I like his reasons.

"For the person that needs a powerful tow truck, some off road and a pleasent every day drive I think the Chevy has it without a doubt."

:D :D :D :D :D

http://forums.ford-diesel.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB30&Number=822104&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

ToddMeister
08-19-2002, 14:37
Hoot, you hit the nail right square on the head!

Heartbeat Hauler
08-20-2002, 15:30
I saw a mag add it said the 6.0 liter was 325 Hp 525 ft lbs. And of course, the infamous comercial where the F350 is used to pull the ship through the ice.

Deib
08-27-2002, 13:13
Oh yeah you guys are right the chevy is great. If your 3 feet tall. I myself need a little leg room.

FirstDiesel
08-27-2002, 18:01
How tall are you?? 9 foot 2 inches??? Me, I'm 6 foot tall and don't have my seat set anywhere near the travel limit. I can't imagine too many people have fit problems in my truck.

R Waller
08-29-2002, 06:03
one guys quote ??
you're getting silly'er :eek:
have you picked up the latest truck trend ?
the article on women driving trucks ?
quote of the year, Im sure it fits a lot of you over here.

" it sits low enough so i can get in the truck with a skirt on ? :rolleyes:

hoot
08-29-2002, 07:01
" it sits low enough so i can get in the truck with a skirt on ?

That's real cute. ;)

Tall trucks can be a real problem with a large part of the population. I like the looks of it but the purpose is limited to offroad clearance. Creates a problem everywhere else. Everywhere else is where the majority is.

I like the quote I got from a guy the other day at the produce stand that said he was done with Fords. "Had em for years. They're slugs." He wants the Dmax'Allison Crew cause it's everything he wants in a pickup.

[ 08-29-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

Colorado Kid
08-29-2002, 08:43
Well it wasn't a skirt, but the neighbor kid down't like how tall my truck is becasue he has to hike his low-slung shorts up to be able to get his knees far enough apart to climb in, which is definately not "stylin" :rolleyes: Now I know why ricers "slam" their cars. ;) The climb used to bother me a little, after this is about the tallest 2WD I've ever seen, but after his comment I grin to myself every time I hoist myself in! I'm a short legged 5'9", which is a little more than 3' tall.

If I run the seat all the way back I can't even start the engine because it requires pushing the clutch all the way down. Five of me would fit very comfortably in my cab, even for a long trip. The sixth one has to be cooperative and it would help if he had no left leg, as 5th and 6th gears are hard to get into with an adult in the front center seat. I don't see how a F*** Crew Cab would be any better, even if it is a little bigger. Perhaps if I had trouble fitting under standard door jambs I'd have more appreciation for the bigger cab.

Heartbeat Hauler
08-30-2002, 12:33
Well I love my 01 dooley but, as far as leg room, I am only 5'9" and I think the seats should move further back than they do, and the passenger side is terrible in the comfort department....glad I'm drivin'. Me and my wife took a 30 foot 5ver to texas (16 hours) that truck just about beat us to death. Mechanically it is a great truck, but the engineers that designed the interior missed the mark. I'm looking into a set of Recaros, but my second job has come through yet.... :D
HH

82beast
08-31-2002, 19:18
I have a friend who works at a ford dealer and he says that every morning there are atleast 5 PS that have major problems, most of the trucks have under 20k before the first major problem happens. He went to a refresher class to learn about the PS and he says there are twice as many senors and wires so the motor will make that much power. as far as i am concered i keep my chevy which is more reliable.

Kris
1982 Chevy shortbed stepside 4x4 6.2NA

salvage1
09-05-2002, 17:09
these are two diff.beast!!i have a 95 65td sub,its my wifes,we loved it,till the pmd started giving trouble,then we had to deal with the dealer,now thats a reason never to want to own another!!its still giving trouble...i also had a 95 cc psd f350,it was a bad a$$ tough truck,it had a few problems but never with the bs i had to put up with from the local gm dealer.as far as size goes the ford was my choice to drive,more legroom.seems like to me the ford boys at the other site give more info when you have a problem,without all the don't buy from him stuff you hear on other sites.there is always gonna be brand wars,its good for the industry!!i trade trucks alot,i've had a dodge/cummins,a ford psd,a sub 6.5,a ford cat,and just about anything else you ever saw,leaving out the *** stuff.they all are good,some things better than others..

cat320
09-08-2002, 20:30
when will the new powerstoke be out or when can yo order one?

DieselDennis
09-09-2002, 08:47
You can order one right now. Just be sure you get a 2003.25 model and specify for the 6.0 diesel. Good luck on finding a dealer that has pricing though. Production is set to start November 4th. A few bold dealers are promising customers their trucks by Thanksgiving. Probably start seeing a few by Christmas.