PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Bike Week going to General Diesel

TraceF
02-24-2003, 20:13
Moderators please take note: I know this will probably get thrown over to the catch all, "General Diesel" forum but I am starting it here to get the best benefit of the espoused information.

WELCOME TO DAYTONA BIKE WEEK !!! :D smile.gif :D

This Thursday begins 10 days of non-stop party that rivals Mardi-Gras; ask RWTD (if he's ever been here) and I am 25 minutes from the "action scene".

I'm not rich, my place is not plush, but I have room for a couple of 5th's in the side yard, plenty of Florida Power and Light, unlimited water, and at least 50 or 60 pounds of Snapper, Grouper, Cobia, and Dolphin in the freezer. We got double campground style bbq grilles and a matched pair of tripod fryers for the fish dinners (or the fish and grits breakfasts).

I have read that some of you are headed this way. I hope I do not regret this but if any of you need accomodations, I have a little space.

Getting a hotel or campground at this point is going to be a real challenge.

We would love to meet some of you and we guarantee at least one Wet-T-shirt contest !!! The crowd (how you may act) will dictate whether it's me or Mrs TraceF competing.
:D :D :D

My e-mail is below.

Kennedy
02-24-2003, 20:28
Maybe next year! Actually looking like Sturgis may be in the works this year for me. Depends how things work out with sdaver...

Had I seen this note this past fall...

Duramaxerado
02-24-2003, 20:36
Very generous of you Trace!!!! smile.gif

thanks bro.. I would love to be down there with you guys but there is no way I can make it..

hopefully next year.. ;)

TraceF
02-24-2003, 21:12
We tried SO hard to get to Sturgis last August but the 2 jobs wouldn't allow the time to get there and back unless we flew.

Then, we would need a hotel and the best we could do was Rapid City or even farther goin' west.

Just couldn't make it happen but before I die...

sdaver
02-24-2003, 21:22
Daytona is a blast did it last year.........along wth Sturgis.........just got back from colorado..........got to get caught up at work.............Kennedy get your work caught up...I got a house rented in downtown deadwood...26 hour ride for me(in my truck pulling a 8x16 enclosed)I will be in touch......trace I wish I had time ..........knowing you got a spot....we might have a last minute breakaway..........would love to meet you and the redhead(dont know her name)Ill email and call if it becomes a possibility :D dave

Kennedy
02-24-2003, 22:53
Trace,

Better watch it, that sdaver is a real BIRD DOG!!! :eek:

TraceF
02-25-2003, 05:28
JK- If I'm reading you right, she's used to it and she can take care of herself. :D

When you say 'last fall' I guess you meant Biketoberfest. We had a blast. It's beginning to get stretched out to a full week now too.

Any of you ever been to a hole-in-the-woods called The Cabbage Patch? They have cold slaw wrestling (ladies only) in a big pit they dig and line with a tarp and fill with real cold slaw.

Gets PRETTY wild !!!

Paintdude
02-25-2003, 07:54
I will be down there, we go everyear, will be staying at the in-laws in Bunnell..I will email ya for phone numbers and address..

check out my home page below..Cabbage patch is in the r-rated bikeweek pics.. :D http://zrex1.homestead.com/homepage.html