PDA

View Full Version : I like this.

Fathead
02-28-2003, 20:58
This posting is fun.But as you can see I can't type or spell very well. How do you use windows XP home edition to write a post, use a spellcheck and then transfer it over to here.I'm kind of new at this.
FH smile.gif

DmaxMaverick
03-01-2003, 14:07
Welcome aboard, Fathead

There are several ways to do that, but it may not be the answer. It is much better to have the right word spelled wrong, than to have the wrong word spelled right. Spell checkers can and do substitute incorrectly spelled words with words not of your original intent, if you are not watching close. Besides, if your posts were to have accurate spelling all the time, you'd be in the >1% group of the board. Some are pretty bad, but they get their point across. Not a major concern, IMO.

Anywho, here's one way of doing it.

First, open a word processor/editor program (like Microsoft Word), or an email composer (like Outlook Express or Netscape Messenger, and select "new message" or "compose").

Then, type your post in the "body" area", just as you would on the forum. When finished with typing, open the spell checker. Tools/spelling in Outlook and options/check spelling (or ctrl+K) in Netscape.

When all done, you need to select all of the text you want to copy over to the forum. Do this by clicking and dragging the cursor from the beginning to end of the text (or end to beginning). The intire text should be highlighted. You can also do this by pressing ctrl+A.

Right click on the highlighted text and click "copy".

Go to the forum text area, right click and select "paste". The text you copied from your other program should now be in the forum text area.

Post as usual.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Fathead
03-01-2003, 14:13
Thank You.
FH smile.gif