PDA

View Full Version : A TDI

ItsMrBill
02-09-2004, 03:04
In addition to my Duramax diesel, my wife and I decided that our other vehicle, a 97 Saturn was getting old and was of repairs. Instead of putting some serious money into the car, we looked at a possible replacement.

As a result of our efforts, we bought a VW Jetta TDI. Unlike the Duramax manuals, the TDI came with many manuals but non on simple things like fuel filter replacement / air filter replacement or other maintenance that the small diesel will require. It appears that they want the dealer to do these things and not the consumer.

Does anyone have a good point of reference for TDI maintenance manuals? I would certainly like to do much of the maintenance on this one as I have done with my Duramax.

Any help would be appreciated.

KingNuzz
02-09-2004, 19:58
Over on the TDIClub.com VW site they refer to Bentley manuals. Try this link: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/resource.htm?subject=20

We have a 2002 Golf TDI and love it! Will probably get the Bentley manuals soon. You're right; VW seems to want the dealer to take care of EVERYTHING. Their owners manuals don't give any hint on maintenance....

Enjoy your TDI, and let us know how things go.