PDA

View Full Version : 98' 6.5 Turbo- Boost Surge!!!

B1powered
08-01-2004, 11:22
I put an "extreme" computer in a 98' that is now experiencing pretty severe surging when it reaches 13-14psi of boost. :mad: It appears like a weak ekectric lift pump may be the culprit. :confused: Last week I changed the fuel filter and experienced a great amount of difficulty getting fuel to spill out of the port on top of the filter.

Any help or suggestions......please???!!??? :eek:

Tough Guy
08-01-2004, 11:42
Jump the lift pump with the fused junction, and listen for it...If no sound, no work. I had to replace mine a while back and had similar symptoms.

Cheers

P.S you will get more replies on this subject in the 6.5 Turbo catagory...

B1powered
08-24-2004, 16:58
Well, I replaced the OPS and put a new lift pump in. I now have all kinds of fuel coming out of the beeder "t" when I open it.
I tried wiring the wastegate shut and it didn't make the surging go away. I tried unplugging the MAP and it didn't surge....but it couldn't build enough boost the get to where it starts the surging...

Help?!?!?!?!

B1powered
09-19-2004, 11:51
BUMP

Anyone?????

JoeyD
09-19-2004, 14:48
What is an "extreme" computer?

B1powered
01-07-2005, 09:51
It is a Computer set for Max fueling or "extreme program" as it is commonly called in the industry.

Well.......
I found a cure for the annoying surge,
TD-Max Boost Controller
By Kennedy diesel.

It works flawlessly now, this truck runs like a whole different vehicle. Man, stock sucked!

The great thing is that EGT's are very good. Rarely do the EGT's get over 1000-1050f Pre-Turbo @ 18psi :D