PDA

View Full Version : Kellogg Idaho dealer?

JRM
08-25-2002, 14:53
is dave smith at usautosales.com the well famed dealer for killer deals? I here people are getting slt dodge 4x4 X cab's for $26K!

[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: JRM ]</p>

Tsckey
08-25-2002, 20:13
I bought my new GMC Sierra Duramax through Dave Smith and was extremely pleased with the whole process. Their deal is a flat $218, give or take a few cents, over invoice, no pressure, no hassle. None of my local dealers was willing to discuss anything close to that. I'm not suggesting there aren't better deals around, but I've never enjoyed purchasing a vehicle more. They even fed us lunch.

TC

JRM
08-25-2002, 23:34
wow, so what can i expect to pay for a loaded (no leather or onstar) duramax? and how much cheaper is the dodge?..... I have $28 cash and the zero intrest and 7 year 70,000 dodge warrenty sounds very tasty. a i could keep my cash longer.
I have driven my friends 02' dodge and also my nebors duramax... both trucks are 4x4 loaded Xcab models.... here is my tossup:

1.Chev is much more quality and nicer overall package and the allison is simply awesome but the $$ and low frame rail set it back.

2. Dodge has a great engine as another friend just picked up a 98' with 490K miles and its still as peppy a my other friends new 02'. The coil springs make the nastys smooth, the fender clearence and strait axle are a plus for keeping stock height with 33's.... and CHIPS- OMG the dodge is as hop-up able as a 2 stroke motocross bike! but gerr, freakin small crap breaking will for sure bug me as its still a dodge ( fuel pump quitting, ac, door handle busted, front brake pistons sticking on ect have all happened to my friends 98')
You think i can score a duramax + alison for 30K ish???

[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: JRM ]</p>

Colorado Kid
08-26-2002, 12:41
Go to kbb.com, configure a truck (either brand) the way you want and look at the invoice price. Add $218 and subtract any relevant rebates or incentives and that's what it'll cost you in Kellogg. I got mine for less than $30K (after rebates) but you'll notice that it isn't a 4x4 and doesn't have an Allison. A comparably equiped Dodge was remarkably close to the same price (the comparison was made extended cab to extended cab, because there were no Crew Cab Dodges). If comparing Automatic equipped trucks the Dodges are cheaper...you can't get the highest powered Cummins, and their Auto is a whole lot less clams than the Allison.

chipper
08-26-2002, 14:53
JRM,
I bought mine from Quality Motors in Salmon,
Id. They are selling SLE ext cab's for $35 ish for the Duramax. 1/800/626-8262.I bought mine there for $99 over invoice, no hassle, great guys.I was through there 2 weeks ago & they had 5 in stock.

DieselDennis
08-27-2002, 08:25
Is Dodge's warranty of 7 years/70,000 miles good on the Cummins/Auto combonation trucks too? Somethin tells me no. Not even the Allison is backed for over 36,001 miles.

JRM
08-27-2002, 11:01
not sure, but if i get the dodge it will be either 5 or 6 speed- one friend's 97' 12V has already smoked one trans after we played with the injector pump

JohnM
09-14-2002, 10:00
Diesel Dennis, I just read on the Dodge Truck site that the warranty on the 2003 Cummins Diesel engine is 5 years or 100,000 miles. The remainder of the drive train has a warranty of 7 years or 70,000 miles. The entire truck has a bumper to bumper warranty of 3 years or 36,000 miles.

When I recently described the Dodge warranty to my local and friendly Chevy salesman, he said Dodge has to warranty theirs longer than Chevy because Dodges break down more frequently. I didn't quite follow his logic. Nor did I suggest to him that perhaps the reason Dodge provided a longer warranty is because Dodge has more faith in their trucks than Chevy/GMC have in theirs.

I have a '96 Chevy C2500 which has been a great truck. I will be purchasing a new truck within the next year and it will probably be a Diesel. Because I have no brand loyalties in any vehicle, I am researching and doing the necessary ground work on Chevy, GMC, Ford and Dodge to see which one will best fit my needs. All other things being equal, would you believe a simple $4.00 Driver Assist Grab Handle is liable to be the determining factor in which truck I purchase.

Best Wishes,

JohnM

Member #2049