PDA

View Full Version : New Cummings is QUI - ET.

Plasticfantastic
10-09-2002, 01:16
Worked over at the local rodeo a couple weeks back. Darge was a sponser and had a new diesel out there. Nothing really groundbreaking about the rest of the truck but ... dang that puppy was quiet. (yes, MORE quiet than ours I think) tongue.gif

hoot
10-09-2002, 03:25
I also heard on erunning up close at a local dealer. I believe it is quieter than the Dmax.

Black Dog
10-09-2002, 05:48
That's good. I'm sick of not being able to hear my radio when one pulls up next to me at a light.

mackey_62
10-09-2002, 06:03
Anyone heard a new F*** yet??

Just wondering, thinkin it'd be pretty cool if we had the loudest. (Loudest not loud)

Never would've guessed it a couple years ago.

I know one thing, theres gonna be a lot more traffic at the diesel pumps :(

Plasticfantastic
10-09-2002, 06:50
I think Fjord is still behind the curve, seems like I read somewhere they do have a new Pstroke but its not super quiet (yet).
Now I wanna see what all my buddies do that keep tellin' me "They're too noisy and too smelly, if it wasn't for that, I'd ....". :rolleyes: Whatever, I'll gladly keep all this power and torque to my self ... yeah buddies, your right, beware the diesel cuz' its the devil. :D

DieselDennis
10-09-2002, 09:45
Gosh Guys, this is diesel power we're dealing with. We're not playing the quiet game. I think Ford's diesel will be quiet enough it won't be an issue. Frankly if I can't hear it crank up inside the cab it irritates me. ;)

NH2112
10-09-2002, 16:05
Well, I'm one who's going to be sad to hear the good ol' Cummins disappear. Seems like even diesels are being designed with soccer moms in mind nowadays - it's not like any of them are really objectionably loud inside or out. My opinion is: You want quiet, buy a gasser and live with its lack of power. You want power, buy a diesel and live with a little bit of noise. A quiet diesel is like a quiet muscle car - wrong like 2 boys f***ing! JMO, of course.

dsc
10-11-2002, 06:31
You want quiet, buy a gasser and live with its lack of power. You want power, buy a diesel and live with a little bit of noise. A quiet diesel is like a quiet muscle car - wrong like 2 boys f***ing! JMO, of course.

You make it sound like there aren't any powerful gas engines out there. I don't think that is quite accurate. Of course you need your own gas tanker to follow you around with some of them. smile.gif

dsc

Kent Tuttle
10-22-2002, 08:14
My neighbor just brought home a '03 Dodge over the week end. It is very quiet compared to my other neighbors '98, I know when he is leaving. I would have to say it is about the same as my D-MAX. Dodge fans will be pleased if they didn't like the noise before.

DieselDennis
10-22-2002, 08:43
Was your neighbors '03 an HO model with the 6 speed manual or was it the regular engine with the automatic? Cuz I believe the regular with the automatics well, SUCK! And you can really see why when you get behind an HO.

Kent Tuttle
10-22-2002, 12:32
It is not the HO/6speed. I also drove it with 49 miles on it and sure did not feel like a dog. Real responsive from a standing start. Still wouldn't trade the D-MAX for one :D

chevmeister
10-26-2002, 08:07
I saw one of there new DOdGe trucks at a contractors show. Really quiet. Quieter than my Dmax. For fun we parked em side by side. Didnt wind them up. The only other big difference. Well I guess the saying is when pigs fly? how fast does the dodge go, it looks like a pigs snout. I wasnt concerned with the interior couldnt get past the grill.

pilot2bombardier
10-31-2002, 10:04
My new 03' CD is very quiet. As quiet or actually quieter than my 6.5 was. A very nice truck she is. smile.gif

mtomac
11-01-2002, 17:31
The new cummins are quiet at idle but still noisy at mid to upper rpm's compared to a Duramax

pilot2bombardier
11-02-2002, 22:16
I didn't notice that the truck is very noisy on the mid to topend . At idle it is very quiet. smile.gif