PDA

View Full Version : 2002 PowerStroke Mod Help-for a friend

TxDoc
10-21-2002, 20:32
" I have a 02' Super Duty Powerstroke. I have added a Air-raid intake and a Power-Aid Helix Bore spacer which gave me around 10 +/- hp and 15lb torque. I was wondering which mod I should make next. I was thinking about a powerchip, but don't have any clue on which company to go with. I'd like to gain at least 40 hp. I've heard that Hyper-Tech is pretty good. Should I go with Hyper-Tech or another company? After the chip should I get an exhuast? If so what brand? "

And, what is a good site for him to read and find help?
Thanks

chevmeister
10-21-2002, 20:42
I regret doing this but hey even Ford *Gulp* driver deserve a chance to keep up.
www.tsperformanceproducts.com
they got a good setup for the .... well .... dont make me say it again.

DieselDennis
10-22-2002, 08:40
You need to send him over to www.thedieselstop.com (formerly ford-diesel.com) There's more information to be read over there than we all have time for. They discuss everything. And EVERYTHING on the board is TOTALLY FREE! Just need to register.

As for the chip. Yes Hypertech does make a good programmer for the 2002. He might also want to go with a Superchips Micro-Tuner. Adjustable, you pick your own 2 settings. He could also go with a Western Diesel programmer. They offer a 3 stage programmer, pulling, economy, and hot. These programmers can get very potent and I for one would recommend atleast a downpipe, if not a complete exhaust plus a pre-turbo pyro gauge to be safe.

If you just get him over to www.thedieselstop.com he'll leave you alone. He'll be too busy with the stuff he finds over there.

[ 10-22-2002: Message edited by: DieselDennis ]</p>

Burner
10-29-2002, 22:30
Send me an e-mail... My buddy builds the programs. If you know where the engine is made then you will know who calls him for "in-house but out the back door" programing.

Burner

. That is partly where my SIG came from. He "burned" so many chips for me..... well Burn-her again! :D