PDA

View Full Version : NH Skid Steer

Wheat Whacker
04-10-2003, 15:42
We have a problem with a New Holland Lx 885 skid steer maybe someone out there can help. The Lift pump on the fuel system is not getting any power. We tried replacing the fuse which looked good. That did not help. The mechanic said there isn't supposed to be any kinda switch(thought maybe an ops switch like the 6.5L) or relay, solenoid or anything else like that in the circuit. I have not been working on it so I am not sure what all has been tried.
Any help would be appreciated as I am getting tired of using the tractor and loader for a job the skid steer is best suited for :mad: .

NH2112
04-10-2003, 16:35
Have you tried jumpering the pump directly from B+ to verify that the pump is indeed working? Without schematics or first-hand knowledge, about all I can suggest is taking a test light and working your way backward along the circuit till you find juice. Then go back the way you just came and look for stretched, crimped or kinked wires, corrosion, pull on all the terminals to ensure they have good connections, etc. I'd have to guess that the lift pump is turned on by the key switch being turned to the start or run position. If so I'd check to make sure the key switch hasn't gone bad or that the wire hasn't vibrated loose off the back or corroded. It does seem weird that there's no relay in the circuit, though.

a5150nut
04-10-2003, 19:35
Have you checked all safty switches? I have seen them on the lap bar and in the seat. If your not sitting down it shuts down. Usualy these switches are in conjuntion with the starter. But then each manufacurer has thier own method of madness!

Wheat Whacker
04-10-2003, 21:50
Like I said I have not been working on it so I am not totally sure what has been tried. If I get some free time tomorrow (unlikely)I will try and check for current at a couple spots. I will also check the safety switches as you have to have the seatbelt buckled to start it. Thanks for the suggestion about the safety switches we hadn't thought of that(kinda feel stupid :rolleyes: )

Wheat Whacker
04-11-2003, 21:36
Thanks for the help. We think we found the problem. It was 2 fold. One the safety switch in the seat belt latch was malfunctioning so no juice to pump. When we got that fixed juice to the lift pump but the pump isn't working. Ordered new pump supposed to be here in the morning.

Thanks. smile.gif

a5150nut
04-12-2003, 16:13
Wheat Whacker
The only reason I thought about safty switches is because the Bobcat I use at work is a piece of junk. The seat switch, you have to realy drop into the seat to get it to work. Its in the cushion. Then there is the lap bar. It has two levers it rests on when down. A little adjustment would probably fix them. For now just a little wiggle or two and your going. It will start but none of the controls work and it wont move until you wiggle all the right spots.