PDA

View Full Version : Ford remote door lock relay?

jfile
10-25-2002, 12:02
I know this is a GM site but does anyone know about Ford remote door lock relay. I am trying to get a keyless entry system to work and thought that there would be a simple relay that could be installed to achieve this. If nothing else is there a forum that deals with this type of information?

chuntag95
10-25-2002, 13:09
Jfile,
I don't have the answer, but I can tell you where to get it. This site is dedicated to car stereos, alarms, cruse control installs, etc. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/default.asp

You can join for free and do searches without joining. There will be someone who can help you out with this problem. They also have a wire color code lookup that is pretty good. If the vehicle is newer than 2000, you have to post a question an one of the folks will give you the answer. I had to on my 2002.

Hope this helps.
:cool:

chuntag95
10-25-2002, 13:11
I meant cruise control. Need spell check on here.
Chris

carnutsx2
10-26-2002, 09:16
go right to the door lock switch on the drivers door. If you have 3 wires from the door lock switch you have to use a negative pulse to do the locks if you have 5 wires you need to use 2 relays and a neg. triger from the alarm. I hope this helps