PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

silverado
11-14-2004, 15:11
Anyone out there had this problem. Last February when it was about 6 above zero my cruise quit working. I had to stop shut the motor off and wait about 10-15 seconds start the engine up cruise would work fine. Took truck to dealership and couldn't find anything. But they did replace the NSBU switch. Don't normally drive truck in winter. So when I put it back on the road the cruise has work good until this morning and it was about 22 degrees and the cruise quit again and had to recycle the ignition and it went back working. Oh! by the way this is an '01 3500 D/A.

Turbo Al
11-16-2004, 12:34
Silverado,
I don't know what conditions exist when your's dies but:
Mine won't re-engage sometimes after I have tapped the brakes to cut it out. I found that after giving a full brake application it will start up again. Also a 2001.
Al

HDV-rod
11-16-2004, 14:52
Silverado, yes! My truck did the same thing last winter and before I could get it to the dealer, it fixed itself. No idea what it was, but my fog lights have been out all summer for no apparent reason also. I haven't had time, due to the purchase of a home, to get under there to check things out yet.

If you ever get a viable answer, I'd sure like to hear it.

PS

I'm a Bruce too. ;)

silverado
11-17-2004, 15:38
TurboAl & HDV-rod
Al first, Your trouble might be brake switch. I was
at dearler today I ask the diesel mech. he said brake switch dose two functions thats why hit it harder the 2nd time it goes back working. (not sure
hope helps)
HDV-rod, The mech. could not my problem because truck did not set a code. His scan tool says ever thing thing is working. so mite be something have to live with. (sorry could not help you or me) Mech. said there lots of contacts untill problem comes an stays can't be fixed.
Bruce

copperhead
12-10-2004, 10:44
2003/62k miles, all stock.

Well, I have had a cruise control problem that is getting worse, a little different that the previous posters however. At first it was only in cold weather. I would set the cruise and then later use the controls to adject my speed upwards. After depressing the Accel switch, the cruise would drop out completely. Two trips to two different dealers, neither could "reproduce" the problem. Now out of warranty, it frequently cuts out on Accel during any temperature condition. I am leaning toward the Accel switch being bad.

fishendick
12-10-2004, 13:06
I had a similair cruise control problem, it only happened in cold weather. Dealer couldn't duplicate but I talked him into replacing the cruise control handle on the steering column and this took care of the problem.

MikeT
12-28-2004, 05:23
The cruise switch is most likely the problem. Have had mine replaced twice in 50K miles. Each time, the cruise would disengage (cut out) when I pressed accel or occassionally when I pressed down on the accelerator pedal. Each time the problem began, it was cold outside. Both times the switch was replaced, the problem disappeared.

Mike .T.