PDA

View Full Version : Good dealers are hard to find...

More Power
12-06-2004, 15:41
Or maybe not.... I received the following email today from a Chevy dealership. I asked them if I could run this in our BB, and they thought it might be a good idea. Here goes......
---------------------------------------

Hi there, my name is Robert Molyneaux and I am the general manager of Browns Chevrolet (http://www.brownschev.com). I would like to mention that we sell over 30 diesel trucks a month plus about another 15 used diesels a month. We take pride in servicing our clients plus we even have diesel loaners for our hi-importance customers. We would like to extend to your clients any diesels we have in stock at 5% over invoice at any time this includes factory orders and dealer locates (plus freight on located units of course) they must have proof of being a member on your site plus it is for immediate family members only of the member. 1 vehicle per year.

If this interests you please email me back @ rob@brownschev.com

We also will ship to any location in canada. I have been a fan of your site for the past year and have found it to be very informative.

As far as our service? well we won the GM triple crown award this year which is only available to high customer service dealers. We may not be perfect but every year we are striving to become as close as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rob"

dmaxalliTech
12-06-2004, 20:05
Jim, didnt catch where they are located..

Canada?

Heartbeat Hauler
12-07-2004, 08:15
B.C. Canada to be exact. Click on the Brown Chevrolet link in the text.
JP

On Edit: OOps Browns Chevrolet

Fat Boy
12-07-2004, 22:34
Is 5% over invoice really a good deal? My last new truck came in at $100 over invoice (agreed on mark-up before I would even look for what I wanted). Maybe it's a different story with the D-max (or in Canada), but I'm thinking that $2000 over invoice (5% of $40,000) for any seems a little high.

So how 'bout it, folks? How close did you get to invoice?

Vivayo
12-08-2004, 06:43
I agree, and unless I can't see it, they don't say which invoice. "Dealer Invoice" sure isn't the same price as a factory invoice.
Charlie

Kennedy
12-08-2004, 18:35
This kind of deal can be attractive to some, but useless to others. For the US side of things, I've been working with Domine Chev in Loyal on a straight invoice referral deal. Primary idea is no haggling, AND the ability to set up (accessorized by Myself/Domine to work or tow before it hits the streets.

Many have good local dealers who sell right, and service equally as right, but many do not...

Phase 3
12-08-2004, 21:45
I'm not stating this to ruffle anybody's feathers...

Do your homework and buy in Q3 or Q4. Your selection will be less from stealer inventory, but that's where the savings are. On an aftermarket conversion I nailed them for $2500 under tissue.

I'll never get a deal like that again.

Chris Curran
12-09-2004, 05:22
You're joking, right? Diesel's don't stay on the lot around here. It's a sellers market...

Originally posted by Fat Boy:
So how 'bout it, folks? How close did you get to invoice?

crafty
12-09-2004, 06:42
I paid $1750 over the dealer cost and that was the best I could get from 3 different dealers. They didn't bargain much back in the fall of 2000. The truck was too new and too popular. :D :D :D

jackrabbit
12-09-2004, 14:54
I was able to get factory invoice plus $1000 off due to rebate going on at end of November. I ordered the truck in mid September since I couldn't find any with the 6 speed manual. It seems that the dealers only keep automatics on their lots anymore.