PDA

View Full Version : Wax

ADub
12-08-2004, 11:33
I've had my truck for about a week now. I noticed after the first rain that when the dealer waxed it, they got wax all over the black plastic parts (cowl, fender flares, door handles, etc). How can I get the crap off. I tried a regular rag, but it doesn't get down below the ridges. I would have them clean it, but that would require me to leave the truck with them and be without it for a day.

Thanks

AW

Phase 3
12-08-2004, 12:40
I'm somewhat of a detailing freak. When I got my truck back from the stealership, there was wax on the exterior plastic too.

I would take a soft brush with dishwashing soap to help breakdown the wax. Don't use dishwashing soap on the paint.

After drying, I apply "Black Again" "Black Jack" made by North American Oil Company. Make sure you get the polymer based formula. It actually goes on your polishing pad like a thick oil. Don't use too much, as it will run after it's on there a while. It makes the black plastic look amazing, by far the best product that I've used for this purpose.

The only problem is that after a few washes you have to re-apply it.

www.northamericanoil.com (http://www.northamericanoil.com)

ADub
12-08-2004, 13:43
Something like a toothbrush?

Phase 3
12-08-2004, 16:23
I use brushes like these to clean my fender wells and guards.

type brush in the Griot's Product Search field...

http://www.griotsgarage.com

A tooth brush will work, depending on how much area you have to cover. A mag rim detailer brush will work better. Griots charges a pretty high mark up for stuff that you can get in most retailers. Any soft nylon bristle brush will do. You can find these at any Pep-Boys etc.

[ 12-08-2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Phase 3 ]

Chris Curran
12-08-2004, 17:38
I use a cheap poly paint brush; cut the bristles to about 1/2 inch long and you're set...

Originally posted by ADub:
Something like a toothbrush?

motovet
12-08-2004, 21:15
Use the same dish soap,(dawn) and also wash off whatever the dealer put on and get some Zaino to replace it. It is great stuff and will not leave any resedue on the plastic. Visit their web sight....all you need for the longest lasting and best shine is there.