PDA

View Full Version : They Cant Keep Up - Ya Gotta Love It

hammer
10-13-2002, 09:43
Well Folks, Were on the road from Wisc. to Texas & havent had a F-truck or D-truck keep up with me yet.Bene averaging 80 m.p.h. after we hit Iowa.When I hit the mountains in Wyoming I couldnt beleive the power I have climbing the mountains.Sure smoked the others going up,gotta love the power.Averaged 58-60 climbing. I think when we passed the D,s & F,s they thought I had a jet engine in it.We are in Nevada now & headed for Reno & Vagus.I just hope all you guys are as satisfied with your trucks as I am.Mine has run flawless ever since I bought it.Bene averaging 18 m.p.g. empty & around 8-10 pulling.The thing hasnt used a drop of oil since I owned it.All I know is when they built mine they sure got it right.Hope everybody out there has the luck Im having.Hammer. smile.gif smile.gif

hoot
10-13-2002, 16:57
Hammer,

I don't do the towing you do but I fel the same as you as far as building it right. Mine has been real good to me too. Power is really there even without the addons.

It's nice driving a truck that has been so reliable for a first year design drivetrain.

Dmax and Allison did good!

GM...... well they could use a little help in the customer service and product knowledge dept. from what we've been reading.

I personally have been lucky with the GM's I've owned over the years. I thought I was going to have all kinds of trouble finding a good GMC dealer that knows this powertrain but that was not the case.

I had the updates done and the usual TSB's with excellent service. When the survey came in the mail it was A+ all the way through it.