PDA

View Full Version : Happy talk

Inspector
10-16-2002, 16:34
Lets try somthing different. Lets here some happy talk about our trucks. Who is really happy with their truck or trucks.
:D
Denny
Member 400

bluenote
10-16-2002, 16:57
Very happy with my '01 that just topped 30K miles. The only repairs I've had done were a correction for a buzzing sound in the steering column and a fix for the driver's side door lock cover that popped off. Absolutely no mechanical problems. I did have the software reflashed shortly after I bought it, and then again this past spring with the latest updates. I'm still running everything stock and am very pleased with the ride, drivability, power and fuel economy.

:D :D :D

conradv
10-16-2002, 17:52
I'll be happy this Saturday when I get to pick it up!

Dmaxin
10-16-2002, 18:08
I have just under 3k on my 03 silverado and just cant say enough good things agout this truck. The only thing i wish it had from the factory are the running lights on the roof. Are they an option on the 03s or not availible? But like i said its one BAD A$$ truck!

chevmeister
10-16-2002, 21:30
Sorry cant talk happy, To busy smiling!! :D :D :D Only 4k so far but like it more than my 2002 Impala LS.

Pizza Man
10-17-2002, 08:53
GMC Rocks!!!

I love all 3 of my GMC's.

I remember when the Duramax was like one month old, an owner was asked what problems he was having with his truck. And he had 1 response. I have to go to the Doctor and get my permanant smile removed. Another owner said that his engine hood hinges were wearing out...do to so many enthuisiasts wanting to look at the engine.

The other day I actually floored the truck...Now I remember why I don't do that anymore.

I am sure there are many more stories like these....

IndigoDually
10-17-2002, 10:40
Yea but who really wants to read and write all about the good things. There really is not enough bandwidth available to report all of the positives. Besides it's more fun to complain.
If we had a "Happy Forum" and wrote how great these trucks actually are we would be accused by "other sites" of sugar coating things and not telling it like it is. :D

John

Paintdude
10-17-2002, 11:28
I am a happy camper..this truck is so awsome it is rediculas...

and GM chewed some snot nosed liar service writer out for me also... :D

6500 lbs of bad arse truck.. :D

MaxRock
10-17-2002, 12:22
Awesome truck...30k troublefree miles on my '02! :D Knock on wood, haven't had it in the shop yet!!! Will need to get it in there before the magical 36k, need the cooling fan behind the radio replaced.

So far, this is the only problem!

SOLID AS A ROCK!!!

MaxRock

Idle_Chatter
10-17-2002, 18:21
I love my late-build 01! Bought it "off the lot" on a walk-in for 0% APR. Just about to turn 35,000 miles with one year of ownership. Other than fluids, filters and fuel the only engine mod so far has been an Amsoil air filter. Runs like a scalded dog, pulls like a gorilla and no mechanical problems or any of the "early years" issues except some reflashes. Can't get much betterun' that!! tongue.gif

hoot
10-17-2002, 19:02
Me too. 37,000 miles and she runs awesome. No glitches now whatsoever. Initially I had the limp maybe three times total and power drops a few times with check engine light.

I have not changed my driving habits at all. All those issues went away. I have since gotten all the comp updates and TSB's done. It idles a little louder now (I like) and runs better. Trans shifts more precise.

This truck is a load of fun.

Jim Bob
10-18-2002, 12:25
My '02 Chevy D/A extended cab has been outstanding! Almost no oil consumption over 5k mile oil change intervals, highway mileage averaging around 20 mpg, towing 12 mpg under most conditions, ability to go up 6-7% hills at the speed limit with the 12,000 lb. 5th wheel on (rather than 35 mph max. with my '96 6.5), no worries about overheating on a hard pull, great transmission, performance to spare, a great interior, etc., etc., etc. The only thing not to like is the monster price tag, but you want it, you pay for it.

I've never owned a F*rd or Dodge and probably never will, so I can't comment on how well they perform. Don't care, either. Our '02 does everything we need it to (and more) and we plan on keeping it for a long time--even longer than it'll take to pay for it!

Forgot to mention, got it in May, have nearly 17k miles on it, 5k towing. Hasn't been back to the dealer since the day I drove it off the lot.

[ 10-18-2002: Message edited by: Jim Bob ]

[ 10-18-2002: Message edited by: Jim Bob ]</p>

Toddster
10-19-2002, 08:46
Mine flat out ROCKS ! Kind of a dog sled until "Hot Juiced" but now it RIPS ! So many options I never get bored, always somethin' to play with. 3,000 miles of WFO fun !

hammer
10-19-2002, 09:40
Have had mine now for almost two years & not a problem with anything.Got 34,000 on it as of today & it has went through 18 states & the goal is 49 of them before Im done.Gonna have to find pontoons to get to the 50th one (Hawaii).Me & my wife are full timers with a goal to get through all 49 states with the truck & trailer.The truck has sure bene reliable.Good ride,guite.all the power we need.Also good mileage.We love it & wouldnt trade for the world.Hammer smile.gif smile.gif

TxDoc
10-19-2002, 13:06
I waited over a year to get the option I wanted. I could not be happier and the wait was well worth the wait, as was the $3,000 worth of rebates.

letsgo
10-19-2002, 17:45
What a SLEEPER I can out accelerate and pass anyone any time, but most of the time I just cruse at 65mph and let every one pass me. I just hope I dont wind up doing the winning NASCAR doenuts at the wrong time with all that power.

love it.

zrone
10-20-2002, 11:26
I have had mine for 18 months and have had no problems. I've had the updates done and routine maintenance and that's it. Tows my 15,000lb Fifth wheel with no problem.

conradv
10-21-2002, 09:46
Came home from working all week out of town on Friday night at about 9:00pm and what what parked in my driveway? A whole lotta truck! My dealer knew I was working out of town and drove my truck to my house and put a big red ribbon on it. I was supposed to pick it up Saturday morning.

How's that for small town dealers? smile.gif

Had 3 miles on er'.

Now has 350 miles, including moving a freezer (first scratch, glad I got that out of the way), hauling roots for the wife, and it's first elk hunt.

Still can't get the silly grin off my face, and that Polo Green is stunning in the sunlight. Of course 5 minutes later it's dusty, but... ;)

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-21-2002, 23:32
13,400 miles,

8 months old,

Had a rattle fixed in the steering and a 5/4 reflash, drivers door lock flies off, oh well.

lot's of upgrades, custom accessories.

Best truck I have owned to date, if it goes 247,000 miles it will surpass my 1987 GMC. My face hurts from grinning :D :D :D

GMC

Dawg
11-11-2002, 16:28
I kinda thought this thread would be longer. I know there are many happy owners! I guess it is not as exciting talking about good stuff! As you can see in my sig that my truck is a year old with about 15,000 miles. A good chunk towing our trailer through the mountains. It is my wife's daily driver. It is only a 4 mile trip for her to work so the thing barley gets warmed up on her way to work. We still get 17-18 mpg. We get 12-14 towing our trailer. I don't baby it while towing. We have had no problems except for a quick software update and a window switch went bad. I hope our luck continues. I do my own maintenance. It is my first diesel and couldn't be happier. I've always owned big blocks and this thing makes them look sick! Thanks for all the info on this site. It is great and I am very happy to be a member. :D

Hillbilly
11-11-2002, 16:52
I have 1100 miles on him and I am grinnin' like a possom! It is a whoop-ass truck!

SoCalDMAX
11-11-2002, 23:07
It's not in my nature to "brag" about how great I think my truck is. ;) My coworkers are all driving lesser trucks and this just rubs it in their faces. :D I thought mine was perfect for about a day. Then I started thinking about better headlights, gauges, running boards, a hood protector, better stereo, radar locator, bigger tires and more power. Now, after all that, I think it's perfect again. ;)

I will however share some info that applies to all of us. I've been talking to several trailer dealers and shortly after asking a few questions they stop me and ask, "First, tell me what truck you have so we can determine what you can safely tow."

I then answer, "Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax engine." Silence for a beat. Then they answer (exactly the same, every time), "Ohhh... well, son, you can tow pretty much anything you want!!"

It's nice to know the reputation is spreading even throughout the RV lots. :D

Regards, Steve

01_Duramax_Dually
11-12-2002, 10:34
I cannot say enough good things about my 01. Took delivery June. I Have 40K+ hard miles, 25K of them through the Mojave Desert area towing an 11K lb trailer. Had 1 mechanical problem very early(about 5K miles) with leaking injector pump and they fixed that and it has been "PERFECT" ever since. Mine is 100% stock(although I did borrow for a short time a friends "Juice" to see if it was worth it).
Needless to say I am back to 100% stock.....Did not find it necessary. The truck works great and tows with ease. Love the comfort and the quietness.
Wife loves driving it and has not clipped the rear wheel fenders on anything..... :D .

Only planned Mod is the Alcoa 19.5 wheels with the 8 lug pattern.....other than that, Just leave them alone, they work great...Hope to see 200K+ miles...that is the goal.....

Reno DMAX
11-12-2002, 12:53
Pleasantly surprised!

This is my first pick-up and first diesel and I am very pleased.

This truck has given me a sense of pride in ownership like no other vehical I have owned. So much so that I just ordered the Helm service/shop manual so that I can perform the majority of maintenance myself.

Finally, the motivation from the members of this forum has been wonderful. smile.gif

[ 11-18-2002: Message edited by: Reno DMAX ]</p>

FisHn2DMax
11-18-2002, 01:31
I had a 99 F*rd SD PS CC lariat and only put 14000 miles on it in four years. I never really understood why I didn't care to drive it much ( other than for 5'er towing)? Ordered a 03 GMC SLT, CC D/A in Mid August and it arrived early October. At the current rate, I'll have 19K miles on her in the first year. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!! Instead of prefering to jump into my SUV, like I did when I had the F*rd SD, I take the GMC HD every where! It's comfortable, more powerful and loads more fun to drive than my previous F*rd SD. With the 1500+500 ($2000) rebates now being offered and the short ordering lead times on the 03's, you can get the exact options you desire on the best truck on the planet! There's no excuse not to get one!

I'm not bashing F*rd SD's! I actually liked the truck for towing, But IMHO, there's no comparison between the two! The only advantage the F*rd had was it's larger interior and little or no rear end spring sag when I hitched the heavy 5'er to it. The GMC rear squats a bit more than I liked with the 5'er. An adjustable airbag lift suspension kit fixed this without making it ride stiff. Other than these minor issues, The GM 2500 HD D/A is the best truck I've ever owned!

They'd have to pry my cold dead hands off my HD's steering wheel in order to put me into a D*dge or F*rd again!

DMAXDiva
11-18-2002, 07:26
Okay, gotta jump in here too...

My lil' toy has just turned 17,000 trouble-free miles. Yeah, I have the "tick", and the cold lope, but they have'nt affected performance in the least, and I'm hesitant to take it in for updates for that reason. The potential of this engine is incredible, as evidenced by the "wow factor" of the SuperJuice! Now if my Allison will just hold up until the ATS Stage 2 comes out...

I WUV this twuck!!! :D :D :D

Silver Bullet
11-19-2002, 15:46
9 months and 28,000 miles...I have had a few minor problems, but it is a machine with humans working on it...it won't always be problem free.

It is my first diesel, first crewcab, and first 3/4 ton...I don't think I will ever go back!!!

I love my truck! :D

XTOCAK
11-19-2002, 16:18
Former owner of a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 CC Cummins Diesel.

Wow! What a great truck. I've had it for three months, have 5800 miles on it and no troubles at all. Great mileage and handles extremely well in the snow and like a dream on ice. Can't say enough good things about it. I do my own maintenance and have found it to be a breeze to maintain. No oil use, no tranny problems, no problems heating up in the winter, TONS of towing power - just one very good rig!!!

[ 11-19-2002: Message edited by: XTOCAK ]</p>