2: Will singles from 2500HD
track front?

This may be dumb but as this is our only
vehicle and with our winters up here I would
feel more relaxed without the twins.

Thanks Don

IndigoDually
10-21-2002, 15:03
I would run some aggressive tires in the rear and add 600-800 lbs in the bed. It'll increase your traction and improve the ride. As for single wheels, I don't think they will look too good, big fender with a tire hiding in it.

John

Timberline
10-21-2002, 17:33
The duals do tend to make the rear end float in snow. The inside dual should track with the front wheels. It does look funny to have the outside duals missing but it will get around in the snow better. In the winter time it is a sure way to to tell the 4x4 duallies from the 2 wheel drive duallies. Where I'm from it's not that uncommon to see a duallie with the outside duals missing in the winter time.

mackin
10-21-2002, 18:01
I'm with John on this.....Good set of traction out back and if needed for your security 7-800 LB of weight......The tires he is running Goodyear ATS is what I ran on my 98 and they were a good traction tire I got around very easily...Couldn't get the wear I wanted out in the front although to be honest.....I am aggressive driver and I found the corners would round rather quickly.....In the back I would get good mileage,so they would work out for the non 4x4....With the added Eaton locker I would assume it would be even better then my 98 with limited slip.....New England weather can be unpredictable,and my buddy has always bought a 2 wheel drive dually and never complained.....As he did in 02.....Stickers on the ARSE is the only way to tell mine is a 4x4......

MAC