PDA

View Full Version : Finally........

Paintdude
10-23-2002, 18:01
Got my steering fixed.Just got back from the dealer..Feels much better-tighter,no more bump and rattle in the steering..I will have to center my steering wheel just a bit by setting the toe and I am set...

I have to recommend this fix..sure makes a difference..

smile.gif

Many thanks to ED Boggs at GM corporate for getting this taken care of for me.. smile.gif

JimWilson
10-25-2002, 12:01
What exactly was "fixed"? I had mine to the stealer a week ago for the clunk when backing up. They opted not to replace the intermediate shaft, but instead did the 'ol lube job. It's only happened once since then, and it was pretty light compared to what it had been in the past, so I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude right now. But if it comes back again then I'm gonna force them to replace the intermediate shaft, otherwise they're the ones who will need the lube job! :D :D

Paintdude
10-25-2002, 18:00
My steering rattle-bump...the intermediate shaft wont fix it..a new bearing must be fitted in the steering box..I have found most of the dealers around here do not want to fix it, I had to go through GM to get mine fixed...I can give you the number to call if you need assistance..I will not post it here..email me at paintdude1@one-eleven.net

Here is a link to the part and instructions on the repair..Look under the front of your truck at the steering box and look for the letters CB or HD on the end of the steering box or on the top of it, this will confirm the repair procedure..

you must copy and paste this link..

http://community.webshots.com/album/25083303ICULyBoddZ

[ 10-25-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

Paintdude
10-26-2002, 17:27
drove my truck alot today and I am very pleased with the this fix..Drives MUCH better.. smile.gif

I also called the sales manager at the dealership where I bought my last 2 trucks and informed him that the other GMC dealer(they seem to want my bussiness) got my truck fixed and if he wonders why I do not buy my next truck from him or anyone I know doesn`t, this is why....."click"

mackin
10-26-2002, 17:42
Paintdude

Beautiful.......

No one can blame you for feeling that way....Customers are built one at a time.....Trickle down with good customer service.....

MAC