PDA

View Full Version : Torque Value

Burner
10-25-2002, 15:58
One of them thar GM fellas told me that the front CV joints would only handle 300ft lbs. He said that the transmission would go simi-limp of you were useing 4x4 low in reverse, pulling on something. I remember about using "D" in Low 4x4. He said, " If the truck will not turn the tires, put in in 2x4 and the tranny will let the power in. ......... Here's my question... If this statement is true, then what about "power mods" and their implication? :eek:

Burner

mackin
10-25-2002, 16:43
Quote=>One of them thar GM fellas told me that the front CV joints would only handle 300ft lbs

You ask =>"power mods" and their implication?

Many guys are launching at the drags in 4x4 with DA JUICE,Super JUICE too.....PEANUTGRWR launched so hard Juice and Propane he snapped his tie-rod end....So that seems to be the weak link......

4x4 low in reverse haven't a clue ...I for one won't be jumping on the throttle anyway.....There was a TSB to correct slow backing in that setting, I believe it was more directed at the 01 models....

MAC

Burner
10-25-2002, 16:59
Thanks Mac :D

I should have said that " I don't remember about using "D" in Low 4x4". Maybe it's the way the cogs are set? I guess they pitch in going foward and tend to "roll out" when in reverse? :confused: Maybe that's the downfall of having IFS? But hey, I sold my "rigid" 01 PS to get them! I really hated running on washboard roads with that thing! Go to fast and you'er driving a Red-Ryder sleigh!
:eek:

Burner