PDA

View Full Version : seat belts fixed- and rattle bearing kit update...

MudNurI
05-30-2002, 20:43
Okay here's the scoop. Working with 2 different dealers now.. WONDERFUL remembering who did what and whose suppose to do what.

WAY back in February- Dealer # 1- IDIOTS started ordering our replacement seatbelts, out of stock, wrong ones, out of stock wrong ones etc.. okay- you get the idea..get a call yesterday that the correct seatbelts have come in. John sets up the appt for today...While on the phone- asks about the bearing kit, can they/will they do it. SURE they say no problem... John gives him the part number we received from the GMC dealer.. Takes truck in today- late suppose to be there at 8am gets there at 1030..they do the seatbelts, didn't have time for the bearing kit. don't ask how they got it in 24 hours. but they did. so the truck got its seatbelts fixed.. THEY WORK correctly, only locking when they are suppose to, and releasing when you back off the belt..not like before when they kept cinching tighter and tighter till my kids were blue in the face.
Appointment is made for tomorrow for the bearing kit.

Dealer #2 calls today to find out how our rattle is- has it come back etc.. tell him that it has come back, he is hesitant to do the bearing kit, after telling me he would do it if I okay'd the grease. I get pretty ****ed at this service writer- I normally don't even talk to him, only the tech..so I explain to him that the truck is at miller's right now, getting the seatbelts fixed, and they are willing to do the bearing kit..he tells me, bring it in he will do it etc. so now I have 2 dealerships trying to get me to go bring my truck to them.. yeha fun!

Tomorrow it goes to Miller like it's suppose to, and if the rattle returns, ( i hope not) it will go back to Howe and get it done AGAIN.

UUGGHHH trying to keep these things straight is killing me!

Brandy

Derek M
06-01-2002, 06:47
MudNurI, How did you make out with the dealers and the replacing the bearing?