PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil filter fit?

AKDmax
03-31-2002, 00:16
Curious to find out how difficult it is to get the Amsoil filter to fit in the air box. Heard it doesn't really fit all that well. I know you guys can help me out.... Thanks

Luis
03-31-2002, 07:02
The Amsoil two-stage air filter fits extreamley well. Some people don't like it's fit in comparison to the paper filter; I don't know about the K&N. The paper filter fits snug into the box. You know the paper filter is in all the way when you push it down until it meets the rubber(?) edge. With the Amsoil two-stage filter, it fits very snug. To install make sure the metal screen faces up. The foam edge will will be installed half way down into the lower portion of the box, next, the top of the box will cover the top portion of the foam edge. This prevents any unfiltered air from entering from around the edges. You can push the Amsoil air filter down too far but a little attention while installing will prevent this. I run the Amsoil air filter and I am very pleased with it and from an earlier test I read about it is far superior to any other filter. smile.gif

TXMAX
03-31-2002, 12:33
Luis is right on the money as to how to install. When I put my Amsoil filter in I found that the metal screen will rest on the bottom of the filter mount if it is centered just right. There is no doubt it is a tight fit but that also ensures nothing is getting past it. So the bottom line is that if tight is good then the Amsoil filter fits perfectly.

Abe

ASI DMAX
06-18-2002, 20:34
Can anyone give me the part number for the two-stage air filter? My rep does not list it. Thanks.

DmaxMaverick
06-19-2002, 02:14
ASI DMAX

TS123

Same as the 8.1.