PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ON WIRE HARNESS PROBLEM!!!

OOH YEAH DMAX
03-31-2002, 22:36
I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO PICK MY TRUCK UP FROM THE LIFT SHOP ON FRIDAY THE 25TH OF MARCH, AND YES IT WAS RUNNING. WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THE WIRE HARNESS THAT WAS SENT WAS THE WRONG ONE!!!! SO THEY HAD A TECH.GUY FROM ELECT. SHOP COME OVER AND SOLDER, SHRINK WRAP DAMAGED WIRES. THEY WERE ABLE TO GET MY RIG RUNNING. THE LIFT SHOP OWNER DOCUMENTED ALL THEIR ACTIONS TAKEN OFTHE INCIDENT ON HIS AND MY RECEIPT. OWNER ALSO STATED THAT HE WOULD RE-ORDER THE CORRECT WIRE HARNESS AND GIVE IT TO ME, AND TELLING ME THAT HE WOULD HAVE THE NEW HARNESS INSTALLED UPON MY REQUEST.
I HAVE HAD MY RIG FOR ONE WEEK NOW AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE, NO PROBLEMS. THE RIG SURE IS NICE TO DRIVE EVEN WITH AN 8" SUSPENSION LIFT AND 37" TALL TIRES. PLENTY OF POWER AND SPEED. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS. HOPEFULLY I WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE WIRE REPAIR JOB.

:rolleyes:

odoh
03-31-2002, 23:27
OYD ~ While extremely unfortunate ~ it does look like the best method under the circumstances. I know a professional 'repair' can be accomplished and still maintain meaningful integrity. If it continues to perform well, you might not want to risk a full up harness replacement. Hope this all works out for you. ~ odoh

[ 03-31-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

pontiac_m18
04-01-2002, 08:38
OOH YEAH DMAX, A 8" LIFT!! WHERE DO YOU STORE THE STEP LADDER? L.O.L. When do we get to see pics?? Howard :D :D :D

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: pontiac_m18 ]</p>

kanton1
04-01-2002, 10:37
OYD,

Glad to hear the truck is running again. Hopefully there will be no problems. What lift did you run, and how did they manage to cut the wiring harness?

Good Luck
Kyle