PDA

View Full Version : lucerix and convex mirrors

moisheh
05-31-2002, 15:26
Just got my Lucerix mirrors. Easy to mount, very expensive. I ordered the convex mirrors thinking they might be some sort of matched mirror but alas they are just cheap Taiwanese units. I would like to know where people have been mounting the convex. I was going to put them on the bottom outside corner. Any thoughts?

Ironhead
05-31-2002, 19:12
You will probably get differant opinions on where they should go. Personally I like them on the inside bottom. Reason being is when the mirrors are adjusted the way I like them (when not ext), I get a big chunk of my dually fender using up that portion of mirror anyways. I found some 5" convex to put on them. I guess my eyesite isnt good enough for those little bitty ones anymore.

bluenote
06-01-2002, 06:39
I bought these same mirrors under the CIPA brand name. When mine arrived, they had included two CIPA "hot spots" convex mirrors. I mounted them in the bottom outside corners. Between the regular mirror surface, and the convex spot mirrors, I have a great view of everything to my side and behind me.

One more note: I was having a vibration problem with the passenger side mirror. I've read about a couple people who received help from Lucerix with this problem. I contacted the vendor I bought from and CIPA UPS'd me a complete new mirror assembly for the right side.

moisheh
06-01-2002, 06:54
I too am having a vibration problem on the right side. What was different on the replacement mirror? I might try tightening them a little more, but the bolts are awfully small for too much torque.

bluenote
06-02-2002, 18:47
Moisheh-

My vibration problem was with the mirror surface itself. The black plastic casing/assembly was solid as a rock, even more so after I put some large washers under the nuts so that I could torque them down harder. They sent me a new, complete passenger side mirror. I just took the first one off and installed the new one...took about 5 minutes. The new one seems to be better. The only vibration I get is again in the mirror surface only when the road is really rough.

sonofagun
06-03-2002, 15:10
moisheh,

I had the convex mirrors mounted on the inside and moved them to the outside. I think they give better up close overage on the outside. I can crank the mirrors in (when towing) and still see who is passing up close.

Good luck,

Bob