PDA

View Full Version : Locker

Swayse
10-27-2002, 07:24
My truck came with an open diff, and I want a locker. What are my options? I really would like a Detroit Locker, but I don't know anybody I'd trust setting up the gears. Not too sure about an EZ locker, if it would be strong enough. I'm not even sure what's avalable for the truck or where to get it. Any help would be cool.

Thanks.

Black Dog
10-28-2002, 06:47
The only locker available for the 11.5" diff is the Eaton Gov-lock which is the factory G80 option.

Swayse
10-28-2002, 07:29
Oh man, I hate factory lockers, they never work, or do they? Nothing like going around a corner and wanting to kick the back end out a little and just getting a one wheel wonder. With the factory limited slips that I've had, you can kick out the back end turning left, but not turning right. This true on a 95 mustang that I had and a 99 trans am that I still have. The only car that handled the same no matter which way you turned was a 2000 Mazda Miata, man that car handled great. It had open diff and you could slide it all around, both ways. It was just too small, you might as well be riding a motorcycle.

I guess I can't expect may truck to handle like a car with rear IRS. I just can't stand one wheel wonders.

Thanks for the reply.
Pete