PDA

View Full Version : New Truck Made It Home

DonG
10-28-2002, 00:51
It is Finally Home

I made it home today with a GMC 3500 SLE D/A Ext. Cab Long Bed. It is a four wheel drive, but all four drive wheels are on one end. Truck has run great since I picked it up over 700 miles ago. First tank of fuel, (about half a tank actually), resulted in 21.5 mpg. I was trying really hard to gently do the first 500 miles as the book states.

This truck has been a long time coming. Originally ordered 8/24/2001. GM never picked up the order during the next 9 months. Had to cancel the order in late April as time had run out on picking up trailer. I modified my existing

JEBar
10-28-2002, 04:37
glad your new truck is finally here and apparently doing well ... hope you will be as happy with your 3500 as we have been with ours... Jim

Stage 1
10-28-2002, 16:48
Hi Don G,

Sounds really great, I am waiting for my new truck to arrive shortly. We will be using it primarily for towing. Our first trip is planned for mid November, to break it in towing through the mountains of WV. Good luck w/yours!

pontiac_m18
10-28-2002, 22:54
HI DON G & I'M only doing my part & glad that i still can!!! Can we add you to our "HAPPY CAMPER LIST", now??!! Howard :D :D :D

DonG
10-28-2002, 23:10
Hi Howard,

I am definitely in the Happy Camper List. This is an excellent truck. My biggest task now is prioritizing all of the things I need/want to do to the truck.

The first will have to be getting it ready for RV towing which is its primary purpose.

JEBar,
I have never had a "Dooley" before so that is taking some getting used to. So far I have hit nothing with my wider "hips". (Knock on wood).

Stage 1,
Hope your truck arrives soon. My dealer says GM has picked up all their orders so I am guessing GM is catching up with demand. Let us know when you new beast arrives.

Don