PDA

View Full Version : question for Michael Tomac

CYCLONEDIESEL
07-28-2003, 09:40
I was wondering how the straps on the front end were working out. I just pulled with my hot juice for the first time on sunday. My brother stood on the end of the track to watch the front end. He said that the right side was toed pretty good.
I ran 1st gear on the high side with 285's. I am not sure how much I am going to pull, but I do not want to worry about IFS on the front of my truck.
It sure was fun putting six feet on a hopped up Powerchoker. No one believed that I pulled it in the high side.

Paul

mtomac
07-28-2003, 09:52
The twin straps work great keeping the front wheels pointed straight but leaves me with limited turning radius in the pits. I can only turn the wheel 90 degrees left and 90 degrees right.

At the next pull I'll be trying a single strap setup that will let me turn the wheel 360 degrees left and 360 degrees right. The only downside is the plastic front skid plate has to come off to hook up the single strap where it can stay on with the twin straps.

If the single strap works as well as the twin straps I'll be using it from now on and leave the skid plate off during pulling season. I made a bracket to support the lower radiator hose that is usually supported by the skid plate.

[ 07-28-2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]

CYCLONEDIESEL
07-28-2003, 12:31
Thanks for the info. I am glad that there is a simple solution to this issue. I thought about leaving the straps off until I was in line to pull. I did not think that it would take to long to place the straps on. Maybe while the guy in front of me is pulling.
Let us know how the single strap set up works.

Paul

WhiteDuramax
07-28-2003, 16:36
Tomac, could you get a pic of the single strap if it works, I have been using 2 straps and the have been doing a great job keeping the tires straight.

JoeyD
07-28-2003, 17:47
Is the front end problem the pitman arm and idler arm flexing? I would think the tie rods would be the problem not the center link.

Micheal, can I see a picture of your new tie rod set up?

king D
07-28-2003, 18:26
i would like to see a pic of the strap setup if you could the double will be fine or i can wait for a pic of the single