PDA

View Full Version : guages

Ed
06-06-2002, 18:35
Been reading for 2 months, like to thank you for all the tips and info. I have learned a great deal.

I installed Ispro guages yesterday in my 2001 Dmax.

Found new place to install temp probe for pyro. Would like to share. Installed probe in left hand manifold from underneath truck. Nothing to remove or alter, just drill and tap.

Installed guages overhead where Onstar should go.

PS. Having Black Tie Affair!! :D

mackin
06-06-2002, 18:57
Ed ,

Welcome aboard .......

You got to get some PICS up .. Lots of GUYS , looking to do a CUBBY HOLE install ..... Where the DIS .. Goes .. Perhaps you could walk them through it ......

Yup, good place to put the pyro connection .... Mine is there, along with some guy from INDIANA , works at some steel mill .... Got a big boat ...... tongue.gif

MAC smile.gif

DSLPOWR
06-06-2002, 23:39
Welcome!
Get pics like mackin said, you got to share/brag! I noticed that spot on the manifold too when installing my gauges a while back, I almost used that place but wanted to make sure that I had good manifold thickness. :rolleyes:

Ed
06-08-2002, 19:48
To install gauges, I removed plastic console insert, used as a pattern, made mount from 1x4 piece of wood, also used angle rings to tip gauges. Painted to match graphite interior, drilled guage holes on same angle as angle rings.
Enlarged holes on backside as needed to tip gauges for proper angles. Installed signal box in overhead along side console. Ran all wires across headliner down a pillar post and installed in proper places. Used rubber plug to the right of big plug. On my truck it was unused.

Use 10' pyro lead, splice boost tubing with a union to gain enough length to install.

Very easy - Lots of luck. Sorry cannot provide pics at this time.

Having "Black Tie Affair" my truck is black

Would be happy to answer more questions.