PDA

View Full Version : ATTN. DCPDAVE

MudNurI
11-03-2002, 05:19
happened to notice in your sig your a service manager- might I borrow your expertise please...

You may have read about my NSBU problems- etc.. if you happen to have the following actual tech bulletin- could you email it to me....it is..

Service Bulletin Number- 020730011A
Bulletin Sequence Number- 634
Date of bulletin- 05/02
02-07-30-011A; replaces 02-07-30-011;
Diagnostics for Possible Gear Indicator
(PRNDL) Concerns (Blank PRNDL Display,
Flashing PRNDL, Sow or No Engagement of
Auto Trans, DTC U1000 or U1024 Set);
2001-02 Chevrolet and GMC C/K Pickup
with Allison LCT1000 Auto Trans (RPO M74

Maybe with one more piece of concrete evidence they will fix my truck..

thanks!
Brandy
twozenuf@sover.net

dcpdave
11-03-2002, 10:55
brandy,
i have e-mailed the bulletin you need, sincerely hope this helps you. let me know if you received it ok.
i would almost bet that the nsbu is bad, as you suspect, by scanning with the tech 2, there should be a code p0706, or p0708 in it.
as a side note: i have read your posts, and the problems you are having with this dealer are terrible!!. but i would say, that it is NOT just g.m. dealers. it is an industry wide problem, i started in this business in '79. have experience with ford, chrysler, vw, and the last 7 years with g.m./toyota dealer. it boils down to employees that are "8-5rs", not true car people, and customer service people need to genuinely care about customers. it is managements job to hire the right people. i do believe, maybe naively, that the majority of service people do care, but there are some who don't, and that doesn't help our image. i think that can be said of ANY customer service business.

anyway, g.m. does build a good product, and if you could find a dealer that treats you right, well, you know....