PDA

View Full Version : Front End Alignment for trucks with load?

Ron Richardson
01-10-2003, 20:53
I'm carrying a 3500lb camper fulltime and am concerned about the frontend alignment. Do dealers of truck tires also do truck front end alignments? Is this something common in the truck world? I guess I could look in yellow pages but you guys know it all... ;)

IndigoDually
01-11-2003, 10:12
If your truck will be spending more time loaded then un loaded then I would reccomend getting the front end aligned loaded. Load the truck and camper as you would normally have it loaded for travelling. I would also look into a set of air bags to help stabilize the top heavy camper.
Many truck body companies suggest that you get your truck realigned after it is loaded for day to day operations, this is really important with utility bodies that are loaded with tools consistantly.

John

moisheh
01-12-2003, 19:32
If your truck sits at the same height loaded and unloaded you will not need the camper for an alignment. The previous poster is referring to a different situation. A cab and chassis leaves the factory aligned, BUT, it has no box and usually sits high in the rear. After a box is installed the height falls and thus you need an alignment.