PDA

View Full Version : service fwd on info center ??????

Boonbltz
06-07-2002, 10:35
Could someone tell me what sensor this message is directed from I figure it was the transfer case lube level but everything checks out okay there I have 37000 miles on the truck so dealer service is a last resort option thanks for the help

DmaxMaverick
06-07-2002, 13:07
You aren't alone on this one. Not many, but a few have had similar complaints. The only fix I have hear of is the replacement of the 4X4 switch cluster on the dash. Mine was replaced at about 10K. The "Service 4WD" indicator came on and the lights on the buttons had a mind of their own. Dealer replaced the switch and no problems 30K later. I don't think the lube level is monitored, or at least I couldn't locate any sort of sensor that would be able to.

I don't know what the switch costs, but probably isn't much. Check out gmpartsdirect.com (as it appears your warranty is bust). Good luck!

DSLPOWR
06-07-2002, 14:26
They replaced my switch assembly also around 8,000 miles, they also replaced the actuator too, this seemed to solve the problem of the light coming on. I have noticed that on startup it will flash briefly now and then, dealer says this is normal. :rolleyes:

Tommy turbo
06-07-2002, 20:47
If it is not the switch. There is a ground that becomes loose behind the instrument cluster that will play havoc with your four wheel drive lights. But before checking that I would run the codes with a scanner to see what kind of problem you actually have.