PDA

View Full Version : Service guy doesnt know about updates, help please

Ironhead
06-07-2002, 16:40
Ok I tried to read all the info here, wrote down the part#s for the 2 1 shift and the excessive shift with OD, went to dealer, said I am having these problems. He types my vin in the "GM dealer" website and shows a few numbers, but not those. He says there is no such update and I cant believe stuff on the internet anyways. Also says my truck is calif so it wouldnt let me have updates like that anyhow.
Can anyone give me a clue on how to enlighten this guy?
Here is my VIN (1GCJK39122E142738). I sure would appreaciate it if one you smart young fellas could help me out. Otherwise there might be some talk down at the garage about how this young **** got his but kicked by an old man.
:rolleyes:

DmaxMaverick
06-07-2002, 17:24
Ironhead

My truck is CA and had no problem getting the updates a couple weeks ago. The only way your dealer can check for updates is by plugging the Tech II into your truck, then into the computer. The part numbers are irrelevent, and vary by truck model and year. The updates I received (2) were for the TCM only and were described as 2 - 1 downshift and accomodation of OD overide switch. Shoot me an email at gmcparts1995@hotmail.com . I may be able to help further.