PDA

View Full Version : Hard to start...Now sputtering.

Milkman
01-11-2003, 11:47
Well, I have a 2003 with D/A combo. This morning is was quite cold, about -30 celcius and started the truck no problem. I went into town and had a coffee. I shut it off for about 35 minutes or so at the coffee shop and when I got back in it, it would not start. I turned the key off and tried a second and the third time it started. The kicker was that it would not shift out of I believe third or go over 50 km/hr(possibly limp mode) and the engine light was on right after it started. It stayed on so I pulled over and shut it off and started it again. Still had the engine light but it would now go over 50km/hr. The only problem is that it is spitting and sputtering when I give her fuel to accelerate and I get a clound of blue/white smoke. I got it to the dealer after chekcing with ONSTAR who advised me that there did not seem to be any serious codes present in the remote diagnostic.

Any suggestions would be appreciated since it will now not start at the dealership.

On another note as I have previously posted, if you have the Service 4WD light come on on your 2003, more than likely that it is the transfer case "encoder motor" which was not machined correctly from the factory. After months of diagnosis and connector checking and dealer visits, this is what kept my DIC clear of that error message. Hope this helps anyone having that problem.

Whew! My lonely typin finger is tired! Good thing I have 9 spares.

:D

SteveO
01-11-2003, 14:47
Milkman,

Did OnStar happen to give you the Code or Codes?