PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Pics of 3500's

TxDoc
06-08-2002, 18:08
Mainly extended cabs, but regular and those with full four doors are appreciated, too.

mdrag
06-08-2002, 19:49
TxDoc,

You may find a few pics of my '01 3500 crew cab at the link in my sig ;) , or cut-n-paste:

www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=mdrag

:D

mackin
06-08-2002, 20:04
TxDoc ,

Just what the "DOC" order ...
====>http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view

Or you could hyper link off SIG. of course ..... smile.gif

MAC :D

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

56Nomad
06-08-2002, 20:12
TxDoc,

Here is the dually in the sand:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=637440&uid=469559

Maverick
06-08-2002, 22:46
Click on my link. Lots of pics. :D

SmokeyB
06-09-2002, 07:59
Here are the pictures of my 3500.

Ironhead
06-09-2002, 10:11
56 Nomad,
Thats a good lookin truck!! I guess I am bias though since it looks just like mine ;) Have you ever considered taking the front wheel molding things off? I havent done it yet but was thinkin about it. Might make the wheel well look a little smaller, or make the tire look bigger. Ive seen pics of a red dually on this site that has them removed, but was hoping to see what a white one looked like without the moldings before I did it.

mackin
06-09-2002, 10:56
Ironhead,

I have mine off . Black ..... Got the idea from 01_DMAX_Dually ..... The RED ONE . Looks sweat, lines match ...... Maverick painted his to match . White .... Looks real good too ......Beauty is the are stuck on with double sided tape and plastic reusable clips, you don't like, put them back on ..... My buddies 02- 2x dually came in Pewter to match ...... Is this a 2 drive wheel thing or an 02 option? Sorry Doc, off topic and all .... What you all want with the PICS anyway ..... ? Just had to ask .......

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

56Nomad
06-09-2002, 12:44
Hi Ironhead,

I actually like the black w/o mouldings on
the white truck. What I would like is an
aftermarket for the rear fenders, but I havn't
found any yet.

CanadaKev
06-09-2002, 14:11
TxDoc,
Here is my baby.
CC is the only way to fly ;)

mbrower
06-12-2002, 13:44
I have a white extended cab that I removed the front wheel flair. I think it looks alot better now. The wheel well does not have the appearance of looking gigantic next to a tiny wheel. I have thought about painting my white but I have found some chrome mouldings that fit around the front and the back wheel wells but will only fit with the flair removed. If I can find my pictures I will post them so you can see the difference.
Mark

zrone
06-12-2002, 18:05
Here are my pics. This week I added a decal along the side that matches the trailer. I will get that on picture trail soon.

IndigoDually
06-13-2002, 11:09
There's some on my site. :D :D

John

huntindog
06-13-2002, 19:26
CanadaKev, What kind of spacers are those? Where did you get them and how much were they?
Did you put the 255/85s on before the box?
If so how was performance and mpg compared to stock tires?
Nice truck, it's a lot like mine!

CanadaKev
06-13-2002, 20:35
huntindog,
Ordered the spacers from Correctrack Inc. out of Oregon.(www.correctrack.com) Check out their site to see the spacers. They were $350 a set.

Yes, I put on the 255/85's before the 'juice'. Performance is great but they are a much more aggresive tire(more road noise), but I like it. A truck should sound like a truck! Can't wait to mod the exhaust system ;)

As far as MPG goes? Can't help you out there. I don't have a meter on my bulk farm tank. (I think I should invest in one though, then I would have that data). But these tires are 8.5% more diameter than stock. Thus 8.5 % less RPM in 5th gear(approx. 200 RPM less at 70 MPH), has to be a fuel saving wouldn't you think?

I haven't noticed any changes in shift patterns. I just hauled a load of heifers(25,000 GVW) with the juice on #2 and the truck ran like a dream, so it seems to have adjusted to the tires without a problem. I guess the Alli's comp. just keeps making the neccesary adjustments.
Kev

huntindog
06-14-2002, 21:16
CanadaKev,By performance I meant the engine per formance, not the tires themselves. I am not on the juice so that is a concern. I will probably go with BFG all terrains in 255/85 if the performance wont suffer to much. A big thankyou for your responses!!!

huntindog
06-15-2002, 19:19
CanadaKev, I just got through looking at correctracks website. You list 1 3/4" spacers. The website lists 1 1/2" for 3/4 ton and 2" for 1 ton. I would like to use the smallest spacer possible. Is yours the 2"? If so does it actually measure 2" or 1 3/4"? Or did you have them made custom for you?
Cheers!

CanadaKev
06-15-2002, 19:58
huntindog,
When I phoned down and talked to them they gave me the option of either 1 3/4" or 2". With the 1 3/4" you have to grind down your lug bolts because they stick out past the spacer.(wasn't to happy about that, if I had known, I would have ordered the 2"). I see they have changed their web page. I don't understand why they would make a spacer for a 3/4 ton because 3/4 tons don't have duals unless it's aftermarket. As far as I know, all stock duallys are 1 tons.
Kev

mackin
06-16-2002, 06:16
CanadaKev,

I believe why they make them is not for the intention of what we are doing with them, in saying that it is obvious it works, but yet caution must be emphasized ...... As the name in plies "CORRECT TRACK" it is exactly that ... On the 3/4 ton trucks, Suburban's and the competition, the front wheels have a wider track as to the rear, so for stability reason, handling chacrteristics,etc... Some people want them to bolt on the hub to widen the track on the single wheel in the back .........Another reason would be to run a spacer is to run a much bigger off set in order to run HUGE tires ........ Plus they sell them to change bolt patterns .....

So how are yours doing? Keep an eye on them, periodically ... MR. No Conical .......LOL

MAC smile.gif

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

CanadaKev
06-16-2002, 12:05
Mac,
Thanks for the enlightenment smile.gif
Kinda wondered why you would need a spacer on a single wheeled vehicle. That makes sense, I'm just a little slow. 'Dumb farmer syndrome' ;)

Yes I'm keeping an eye on the outside wheels. I can here you snickering under your breath tongue.gif I'm going to get conicals today. Thanks for the remind!
Kev

huntindog
06-16-2002, 18:30
You guys have lost me. Whats a conical?

mackin
06-16-2002, 18:48
huntindog ,

The tapered seat old style lug nut ....... 60* acorn style ...... Used for self centering, for hub centrifugal (?)......

They no longer use on the dually's ....... Now they rely on the hub ....... The lug nut's now are the style with the washer built on the nut, so it is flat against wheel ........
With spacers you should convert ,with alum rims you have to .......

Which Kev better do for the safety of Himself and those big BLACK and WHITE dogs he calls cows he hauls around ...... tongue.gif

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

IndigoDually
06-16-2002, 19:13
CanadaKev, Any update on the X-Monitor? I'd like to buy something soon.

John

huntindog
06-16-2002, 19:14
mackin, I am going to stay with the stock rims and get spacers. Are you saying that I would have to get conical lugnuts? The stock rims don't have a seat for conicals. Does the axle not stick out enough for the stock rim to be centered by it? (I'm too lazy to go pull a wheel right now, it's about 108 degrees at the momment)
Cheers!

mackin
06-16-2002, 19:33
huntindog,

You will have to, to be safe ..... IMHO ...... With the spacer it moves the second wheel past the RESTING hub area ..... And now is only supported by sloppy studs .... Runout is apparent, and possible ...... To convert, I truly believe if your are familiar with the old style trucks with the tapered lugs, they had a steel plate that went on before the nut's,if you stay with steel rims ...... I have sent my spacers to another member here IndingoDually (John) and he is going to see what he can do...... Myself in time, are (is) going to look into longer studs ...... Are the available? Can they be made, off course, the question is at what cost ........ Then a 3/4 spacer ......

The spacers if you do not go with 2" you'll have to grind cut your studs ....... I mean if you are never going back to original configuration, then get the smallest spacer with studs and cut away ....... This is, or not an option for me because I want to run my "PIZZA" boxes in the winter, as not to pit my ULTRA WHEELS, in salt and sand .... I'm sure John will share his findings ........

MAC smile.gif

CanadaKev
06-16-2002, 20:03
John,
I talked to Brian at BD about three weeks ago. At that time he said another week or two, but I still haven't seen it. I'll get on the horn again this week to get an update. I'm getting impatient :(
Kev

johns
06-19-2002, 08:08
here's mine

http://community.webshots.com/album/32844551ktbwDv

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: johns ]</p>

Ironhead
06-19-2002, 12:34
Mackin,
How far can you space the wheels "before" the outside one is no longer resting on the hub?

mackin
06-19-2002, 15:57
Ironhead ,

Not very far ...... Less then or about an inch ... Then it moves to a somewhat smaller diameter hub section and IMHO, conical set lugs should be used to stop possible run out under load, causing a possible, dangerous situation . Now did I scare you out of it ??????

It's really not bad if you get the right lug nuts .?

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

TxDoc
09-14-2002, 20:22
Any more? Any 2003's? And, any more flat-bed conversions?

Ade
09-16-2002, 20:30
Here's a couple of pictures of my 03.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/ade3/new

Ade
09-16-2002, 20:33
Try this one.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/ade3

Pizza Man
09-17-2002, 12:10
I think you have already seen mine TxDoc!