PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Fuel In Mexico

gardnerteam
08-12-2002, 16:00
Raptorider2001 asked about diesel fuel in Mexico. Diesel fuel is plentiful and easy to find in all of Southern Mexico and Guatemala - stations are farther apart sometimes in the outback of Guatemala. Mexico is nationalized PEMEX and fuel from stations is pumped at the same price throughout the country. Last spring it ran about $1.80 US gal depending on exchange rate. Diesel in Guatemala is CHEAP - $.98 to $1.15 or so a US gal. Most fuel from large truck/car stations in Mexico is clean - '02 has been the best year ever for me for clean fuel. 15,000 miles and 1 filter - and it was clean when I cut it open. I had no trouble with Guatemala fuel. I did add FFP Cenote and Lubrication with each tank liberally. In the past I have had a lot of bad fuel problems - ran an extra Racor on my 6.5 and still had problems sometimes. I think running the FFP helped. I use a 60 gal fuel tank because I go way into the jungle on muddy roads that who knows where ends and sometimes fuel is 200 plus miles away. Fuel is no problem in Southern Mexico - just expensive. Go - you'll have a blast. Go to www.mexicoadventuretours.com for an idea of what is there - site hasn't been updated in 3 years. Lots of new stuff. email me (without spaces)
g a r d n e r t e a m @ b e n d c a b l e . c o m

Raptorrider2001
08-13-2002, 07:48
Thanks. This helped alot. The fuel seems to be much more plentiful than I had expected. I think the extra filter would be a good idea also. I think Amsoil has just released a duel setup for the D/A. Take care down there.